Official Review: Magick & Moonlight

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookLover2280
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=2735">To Kill a Mockingbird</a>
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades Darker
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover2280.html
Latest Review: "Magick & Moonlight" by Marie Lavender
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Magick &amp; Moonlight

Post by BookLover2280 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Magick & Moonlight" by Marie Lavender.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

By: Marie Lavender

Witches, magic, moonlight. Oh, my a great setting for a story. Fear can really drive one to do the craziest of things. Even impulsively cast a spell of love. No one likes the messiness that comes with love, but boy do we enjoy the fall. It is the most terrifying and yet exciting feeling in the world. Just as exciting as the fall is the sudden crash can be nearly suffocating. Although there are those rarities where love catches onto love and the impact isn't as hard.

Ethan Hamilton was just trying to start his life over after tragic events in his life brought him to be in the woods the night Jessie Anderson was out there. He accidentally stumbled upon her dancing naked around a fire. He thought she was crazy, but she was far from it.Jessie was scared and didn't know what else to do to protect herself so she cast a love spell. She needed to keep her being a witch a secret at all cost. She just didn't anticipate her own feelings for Ethan being a complication.

When I first saw this book I was very intrigued. Then as I began to read it my interest start to fade. I felt the whole love was rushed. I wasn't all that keen on the whole love spell being cast. Then Ethan opened up to Jessie about why he left Seattle and how he wasn't close to his family. I found myself wanting to comfort him. Then Jessie began to really open up to him and my heart felt for them both. That was the moment where my interest was regained.

The more I read the more I found myself dreading the inevitable outcome of the spell fading. Jessie sincerely fell for him and felt guilty for casting the spell. Reading the inner turmoil she went through was heartbreaking. Just because Ethan was under a spell didn't mean Jessie was. Her feelings were real. She knew at any moment the spell would wear off and his love would be gone. She still dared to think maybe it wasn't all a spell. Which made her heartbreak that much more painful when it all came to light.

I give this story a 3 out of 4-star rating. I didn't give it a 4-star rating because it did lack the thrill of watching their relationship evolve. I gave it a 3-star rating because I still enjoyed reading it. All in all, I would recommend this book and Marie Lavender to all my friends and fellow book lovers. She is a very talented writer one I look forward to reading more of.

Magick & Moonlight
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BookLover2280's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Magick & Moonlight" by Marie Lavender

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”