Official Review: The Night Has Teeth by Randy Speeg

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TangledinText
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Official Review: The Night Has Teeth by Randy Speeg

Post by TangledinText »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Night Has Teeth" by Randy Speeg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Night Has Teeth by Randy Speeg was sixteen pages in length with an average of 250 words per page, making it about 4,000 total words in length. It took about ten minutes to read, but the developments in this story will have me thinking about it for the rest of the day. This is Randy Speeg’s first published story and he is currently working on his next book. He specializes in horror, supernatural, and science fiction.

There were two main characters, Steve, the husband and Carrie, his wife who were taking a road trip to visit her parents during an extended holiday weekend. Carrie is presented to having a past of seeing things that others don’t, which gives her a mysterious element. The story begins with Steve and Carrie driving through a storm that provides the perfect setting to already give the reader goosebumps, coming from the nervous energy shared between the two characters. The weather is turned on the radio to hear that it’s going to be a long night filled with rain. Detour signs and flares are on the highway, but nothing pertaining to construction was on the radio news. The detour leads to a new life for the both of them.

The story was constantly building on itself. I had thought the main twist was taking place, when another and another twist was thrown in. I was constantly trying to guess the ending and I failed happily. I felt tense with the rain, felt anxious with the detour, and was excited to see where the story would lead after that build up.

I would recommend this story for those who enjoy a little mystery and suspense with a dash of gore. It was a beautifully written short story and had me constantly on the edge of my seat. I loved the detail that was put into the characters as the author built them up, so that the reader got to know them and was able to feel their struggles with them.

I give The Night Has Teeth four out of four stars. The pros were the detail involved in each little conversation that happened, followed later by an event that would bring it clarity. It showed how well the plot was planned out and how much the author put into this story. The only con was I didn’t make the connection as to why a pregnancy was brought into the story. I would highly recommend this title and am excited to see what this author thinks up next.

The Night Has Teeth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | Hassle-Free Sample

Like bookfix_blog's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Nice review. I like your description that the story took only ten minutes to read, but had you thinking about it the rest of the day. Kudos to the author for having an impact like that on a reader!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
mhodgman9
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by mhodgman9 »

Great review! You made me want to read this book!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”