Official Review: Epic of Time by Sandip Goswami

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Official Review: Epic of Time by Sandip Goswami

Post by hannahbm13 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Epic of Time" by Sandip Goswami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Epic of Time" by Sandip Goswami is said to be "The fossil of humanity by an individual..."

As that is the first thing I read, I get a certain image in my mind. In millions of years, when future civilizations dig us up, they will find this book. Based solely off the information within, they will come to know our society. That is my mindset going into this, and I should say, I was not disappointed.

Diving headfirst into the book, I feel at first that it is a wonderful representation of who we are. Touching on subjects such as religion, poetry, love, and life, it really expresses the things we hold dearest to us. Three poems in, I feel like the culture described is beautiful, and tries to heal all the wounds it inflicts upon itself by creating. Whether that be art, family, or the idea of a higher power, it really sums us up pretty well.

Bearing in mind my first image of the future civilizations, I appreciate all the little explanations very much. For example, after the poem about Mother Teresa, Goswami puts in a little part at the bottom explaining who she was and what she did to change our world. There are other little things like that throughout the book that make it that much better.

After writing about all the wonderful aspects of the book, I must admit that there are some things that I would change. As this book is supposed to be representing humanity as a whole, I feel like there was too much focus on India. I would have much preferred something with more diversity. While I'm on the topic of India, I noticed that there were two almost identical poems included about the Prime Minister of India. They even had the same format. I would suggest including only one of them, specifically the one entitled "About India." Two other cases of almost identical poems were found, which I won't go into detail about.

Overall, I would give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The idea of this book was exceptionally unique, and it was executed very well, with just a few exceptions. I'm not the biggest poetry fan, but I still thoroughly enjoyed reading this, and would suggest giving it a read :)

Epic of Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like hannahbm13's review? Post a comment saying so!
EmilyMae
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilymae.html
Latest Review: "The Ritual" by Thadd Simpson

Post by EmilyMae »

Wow! I really like the imagery in your review! If I ever decide to read poetry, I think I will start with this book. Based on this review, I will skip some of the poems about India. That way my experience will be even better.
Latest Review: "The Ritual" by Thadd Simpson
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>

Post by hannahbm13 »

Thank you @emilymae :) I appreciate that a lot! I worked really hard on this review and am glad that it was useful! Let me know what you think of the book when you are done reading it! It will be interesting to see other people's opinions on the same story.
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Tanaya »

The premise sounds incredibly ambitious. And based on your review, this book seems quite promising. Nice job!
hannahbm13

Post by hannahbm13 »

Thank you very much @Tanaya :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”