Official Review: Autumn Love by Harjeet Dhillon

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
stacihunsinger
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacihunsinger.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400698987

Official Review: Autumn Love by Harjeet Dhillon

Post by stacihunsinger »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Autumn Love" by Harjeet Dhillon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Autumn Love by Harjeet Dhillon is a contemporary romance set in modern time. It is a story that any young woman in today’s era could relate to. The mental and physical emotions that young Autumn goes through are not all that far off from what any woman today would go through. With questions like “What if?”, “Is he the one?”, and “How do you know?” Autumn struggles not only to find the answers, but must bridge a generational and cultural gap as well.

After a tragic accident, Autumn must learn that family and trust are one in the same and that there is a price for every decision that one must make. With fear of losing both, she must decide what is truly best for her. This story was really a very interesting one to me. It embarked on a journey that I could relate to, but with a cultural twist that I was new too. I learned much about Indian culture that I did not know, and this added a depth to the book that would not have been there otherwise.

With as much as a young woman today undertakes, between career and family, add cultural restrictions and now you have the makings of a good story. Ever woman wants it all, but when you try to make everyone happy, you somehow make yourself miserable. This is what this book goes through. The author takes you on a journey where young Autumn tries to do right by everyone; work, friends, her boyfriend, her family, but only ends up making herself more upset.

With the help of her best friend, she goes though some really rough times and has to make a major life changing decision. If anyone has ever had to do this, you know how hard this can be. Autumn feels alone and when life is literally flashed before your eyes, you quickly realize that you need to live for today and not worry so much about making anyone happy but yourself.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. Anyone who has ever had to go through what Autumn did will completely relate to this book. There were a few spots in the book that I thought were not really relevant to the overall story, but for the most part I felt like it was a well written interesting tale of modern life. Add to that what anyone would do for true love and you have a pretty good book.

Autumn Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Barnes and Noble

Like stacihunsinger's review? Post a comment saying so!
Harji123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Harji123 »

Thank you for your honest review. I am glad you enjoyed reading my book. It's my first review and I was nervous as to what to expect. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used to perfect my next novel so I can get four out of four stars!
stacihunsinger
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacihunsinger.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by stacihunsinger »

Happy to be of help!!!
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Great review! I like that you mentioned that you learned a lot about Indian culture from the book. I like those types of books, where I learn something new in addition to enjoying the book.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”