Official Review: Erotica for the Soul, Vol.1

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Official Review: Erotica for the Soul, Vol.1

Post by amybo82 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Erotica for the Soul, Vol.1" by RawrWoman writers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

RawrWoman’s Erotica for the Soul Vol. 1 is a collection of twelve short stories and three letters that turn up the heat and stimulate passion. These short stories are definitely erotica, but they also serve a purpose of letting women express themselves in creative and uninhibited ways. As the book states on page one, “Statistics show that most women are not seeking explicit scenes of sexual activity but rather character driven stories of romantic relationships that involve sex. RawrWoman provides the perfect venue for this exploration.” Each story in the collection is by women and for women. The book is about empowerment and making people feel more comfortable with their fantasies.

There are six sections of the book. The first five sections contain short stories, and each section contains stories by just one author. Each of these sections begins with a short author biography that gives readers a glimpse behind the scenes and into the authors’ creative processes. The sixth section is intended to be interactive for couples. There are three letters in this last section, each intended to be read and recorded for a lover. The first letter is from a woman to a man, the second is from a man to a woman, and the third is from a woman to a woman. I like that the book caters to many different interests and styles of relationships.

The stories in the book are varied, ranging from period pieces to modern S&M-leaning tales. The stories fluctuate between slow and easy to fast and disciplined, with a mix of wild and crazy! My favorite story is in three parts, and it is written by Jessica Lucas. In the first part, "On Your Knees," a woman receives a note telling her where to be and how to dress tonight. When she shows up, her husband greets her with a steamy surprise! The second part, "Bend Over As Far As You Can," is a flashback to two weeks prior, when the woman goes to an underground club and picks up another enigmatic woman. The third part, "The Unforgettable Silver Capped Stilettos," brings the reader back to the present, where the mysterious woman joins the couple in their hotel room for a night of passion and exploration. I also enjoyed J.P. Georges' pair of period pieces. The first, "Ever So Much Fun," is set in the Roaring Twenties, and it features a cross-dressing woman who shares a wild night with another woman at a Speakeasy. The second story, "Lady of the Manor," set in the Victorian era, focuses on a refined lady and her naughty stable boy.

The only drawbacks I see in the book are a few very minor technical errors. For example, on page 82, it says "you're" instead of "your." The text needs maybe one more thorough proofread to catch some minor spelling and grammar errors. Fortunately, these errors are minimal, and they do not detract from the pleasure of the book as a whole. The book could definitely be longer. Coming in at just under 100 pages, it leaves the reader lusting for more!

I would recommend this book to women looking for a great collection of erotic short stories, couples looking to spice up their relationships, or men looking for ideas and stimulation. I also recommend that the reader pair the book with the extras such as images and audio from the RawrWoman website to further enhance the overall experience.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. When paired with the website's extras, the book gives the readers a totally immersive erotic adventure, safe from their own homes. The idea behind the website and the book is that people experience sensual moments in different ways, and RawrWoman tries to cater to those various needs. The stories are varied enough to hit many different interests, and they are well-written enough to give the reader a very clear picture. The few errors were negligible, and the empowering message behind women writing for other women makes the book even that much more enjoyable.

Erotica for the Soul, Vol.1
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Barnes and Noble

Like amybo82's review? Post a comment saying so!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
april-ballard
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-april-ballard.html
Latest Review: "From The Killer's Eyes" by Morgan C. Amos
Publishing Contest Votes: 5
fav_author_id: 2595

Post by april-ballard »

Sounds like an intriguing read! I found your review insightful, nice job on the tactfulness.
Latest Review: "From The Killer's Eyes" by Morgan C. Amos
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

I was surprised that I liked it so much! I thought it was really well done, and the explanations at the beginning helped me to enjoy it even more!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”