Official Review: Blood Hunger by L.E. Wilson

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lydia
Favorite Author: Christopher Paolini
Favorite Book: Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: The Dark Highlander
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia.html
Latest Review: "Blood Hunger" by L.E. Wilson
fav_author_id: 5906

Official Review: Blood Hunger by L.E. Wilson

Post by Lydia »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blood Hunger" by L.E. Wilson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Oh, man! Holly chocolate fudge - what did I just read?! I may not be a vampire fanatic - in fact, I prefer shapeshifters to those blood suckers - but wow! L. E. Wilson just proved there's hope yet for their kind with the first book of her Deathless Night series, Blood Hunger! And let me tell you, this statement is very heavily based on her talent!

Nikulas Kreek is desperate to find his big brother. Luukas has been abducted by an evil female vampire, for way too long. So it's about time he found a witch to help him with his rescue deed. He most certainly doesn't have time for emotions and feelings towards said witch. But Emma Moss, who's also looking for her sister, is a woman he can't possibly stay away from - no matter how safe or logical it may seem for him to keep his distance. Can they survive not only their primal attraction towards each other, but also the enemies set out to make sure they fail in their quest to bring back their siblings? And how can they open up to each other, when their pasts keep raising their ugly heads up?

I don't know about you, but I really wish a certain madman in a blue box could come and take me back in time, back in that moment when I started reading this book for the first time. To experience, once again, that delight of seeing Nik and Emma's relationship slowly bloom and thrive. It was heartbreaking, yes, but it was also wonderful. I mean, how can I explain it? How can I possibly describe the bond between two people, who are lusting after each other, yet manage to slowly form that lust into love despite the intensity of their attraction? It was, simply, pure magic!

Nik as a guy was truly droolworthy, and I was always divided between reacting with "awww" and "rawr" when it was his POV in the story, (no kidding, I actually made those sounds!), and he managed to touch my heart - my panties are another story, his fault, by the way - with his actions and words. Though at times I had to pat the screen, as if touching Emma's back, and say "There, there, honey, I know, he's being a you-know-what, it's ok, he might be on his period or something...". But it was somewhat acceptable after I found out what had happened to the poor guy.

Emma, on the other hand, was a character that gave me mixed feelings. At first, I really enjoyed her reactions, and her attitude - and when she and Aiden (for whom I'll fangirl in just a bit) became "partners in crime of torturing Nik", I nearly choked from trying to suppress my giggles. However, after things with Nik started getting somewhat steady and serious, she became the very thing I hate. What is that, you may ask? The whiny, indecisive female lead that is always the victim, and everyone else around her just doesn't understand her, or they want to hurt her feelings, and yada yada yada... Argh, why?!

On a completely different matter, here comes the fangirling I told you about above. Aiden, oh, Aiden! Nik was a true stud, but Aiden was the one who really spoke to my heart. Funny, witty, and that accent, yum~

I definitely need more of him. And the other available males I read about, too! But for now, I have to wait for the next book to come out - summer seems so far away, sniff! I just hope Mrs. Wilson decides to let all those delectable hunks find their romantic HEA~

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Now, don't get me wrong, it was actually going to be a solid 4-star one, but Emma's behavior near the end of the book ruined the total perfection with a smudge - thankfully, it was only a small smudge, so no major harm done.

Blood Hunger
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Lydia's review? Post a comment saying so!
I read, therefore I am.
lewilsonauthor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lewilsonauthor »

Thank you so much for your awesome review, Lydia! I really appreciate it, and I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. (I will endeavor to have no more smudges in the rest of the series.) :D

L.E. Wilson
PashaRu
Currently Reading: Vicars of Christ - The Dark Side of the Papacy
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pasharu.html
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Post by PashaRu »

Nice review! I enjoyed reading it. It's funny, witty, and well-written.
[Insert quote here. Read. Raise an eyebrow. Be mildly amused. Rinse & repeat.]
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

I have the same hatred of female characters who constantly wind up as victims, but if the rest of this is as good as you say, I may have to pick this one up!
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
Lydia
Favorite Author: Christopher Paolini
Favorite Book: Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: The Dark Highlander
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia.html
fav_author_id: 5906

Post by Lydia »

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. Yes, the rest of the book, the pace, the storytelling, the voice of the writer, it was all perfect - can't wait to see what the next wonderful adventure Mrs. Wilson will take us on will be <3

Bravo, Mrs. Wilson! If you can make an anti-vampire fan like me swoon over your story, then the rest of the reading world will be no problem to conquer, I imagine. I sure wish you do!
I read, therefore I am.
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

Nice, well written review.
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
Michelle-lit
Currently Reading: Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-lit.html
Latest Review: "Take Her" by Midnight Taylor

Post by Michelle-lit »

Very funny review. Best beginning ever "holy chocolate fudge- what did I just read?!" Lol
Latest Review: "Take Her" by Midnight Taylor

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”