- Posts: 281
- Joined: 07 Jul 2013, 01:33
- Bookshelf Size: 48
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkcfan.html
- Latest Review: "Stories of the Indebted" by Jorge P. Newbery
A lot of people seem to agree that the book starts slow. I've heard that it's hard to get a book published if it doesn't hook the agent/editor right away. Clearly someone thought that there was something worthwhile with the book despite a slower start.
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 28 Oct 2014, 14:08
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizj97.html
Thanks for helping me choose to put this book on my read list. After reading all the comments I want to go right out and buy this book and read it as soon as possible.
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 10 Dec 2014, 12:04
- Favorite Book: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
- Bookshelf Size: 5
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoedecicco.html
- Latest Review: "The Bad Path to Enlightenment" by Lee A. Eide
- Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
This sounds great - can't wait to read it!
"80% of success is showing up" - Woody Allen
"There are no small parts, only small actors." - Constantin Stanislavski
- Posts: 1025
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 00:52
- Bookshelf Size: 108
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
- Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
- Location: Seattle, WA
I liked it a good deal. I'll be honest though it was a recommendation from my mother-in-law so I don't know how much of my opinion is biased to matching her likes... because I want to liek the same things she likes. haha. I know that's silly, but its true. I enjoyed it and I found the concepts really interesting. I plan on reading the next book... since I will get to borrow it from her. haha. Jan 27th! Not too much longer to go!
I love LOVE. <3
- Posts: 202
- Joined: 22 Dec 2014, 15:06
- Bookshelf Size: 2
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3chicnp.html
I don't read books like this a lot and it was OK. The plot and characters were shallow and predictable. I give it a 2/4. It was alright..
I am a free spirit
- Posts: 668
- Joined: 29 Dec 2014, 00:46
- Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
- Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 110
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
- Latest Review: The New Entrepreneur by Angus Peterson
- fav_author_id: 4949
I enjoyed reading this book since I like reading fantasy/supernatural fiction. The book was quite well written and thrilling enough to keep its audience hooked. I have to read the next in the series now.
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 23 Jan 2015, 01:39
- Bookshelf Size: 29
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaa123.html
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 26 Oct 2014, 21:19
- Favorite Author: Jeaniene Frost
- Favorite Book: Once Burned
- Currently Reading: The Truth of all Flesh
- Bookshelf Size: 31
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejcogan.html
- Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
- fav_author_id: 3311
- Location: AZ
I agree with AMP76. I hate when I read a book and realize at the end that it's book one in a 3 or 5 book series. I am not patient enough to wait a year to find out what happens so I usually wait until I can purchase the entire series and read it straight through.
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 27 Dec 2014, 20:10
- Bookshelf Size: 16
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noeld.html
After reading all of these reviews, I will surely have to give the book a try.
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 03 Feb 2015, 20:02
- Bookshelf Size: 27
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelbeats1.html
- Latest Review: "Next Stop: Nina" by Robin Raven
All of the positive feedback makes me want to read this book immediately!
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 05 Feb 2015, 23:51
- Favorite Author: rachel vincent
- Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
- Currently Reading: Undead to the World
- Bookshelf Size: 38
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
- fav_author_id: 4455
- Location: Buffalo, NY
I can't wait for the next book! I am a huge fan of this genre and I just couldn't get enough! I loved the world building and the book was very exciting! I feel the same about series, I don't usually like to start until there are more then 1 book published but I definitely do not regret my decision to pick it up! 4stars
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 24 Dec 2014, 08:26
- Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
- Favorite Book: Heartsick
- Bookshelf Size: 11
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krisliz88.html
- fav_author_id: 2484
This was not one of my favorite books to read. I felt as though I got thrown way too much information too quickly. Over and above that I felt that it was a little hard to follow. I find that when a book doesn't pull me in at the beginning then I just kind of lose track. The only book I don't think I did that with was when I read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" which had a bunch of unnecessary information. Honestly that is the only reason I stuck with this book- I was hoping I would be able to get over it. Maybe it was just me! This book and I just didn't click.
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 15 Mar 2015, 10:01
- Bookshelf Size: 29
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatorgirl-823.html
- Latest Review: "Slam" by Tash McAdam
Sounds interesting, I need to check this one out!
- Posts: 356
- Joined: 22 Nov 2014, 17:43
- Bookshelf Size: 13
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevefromtheblock.html
- Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol
- Location: GMT -6:00
After reading the synopsis on Amazon, I don't think I'll be reading this.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 18 Apr 2015, 14:39
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smartmomways1.html
Really enjoy this series... not only about the story, the science and how the plot setting but as well the characters are very strong. Cultural and communication sharing, how people adapt to each other, adjustment, family, religion all seems so fairly expose.
the most important part, it shows how we're growing... see the stars from the first season to season 10... physical differences..giving me a mirror