Marked by P.C. and Kristin Cast

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PricilliaDragomir
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Favorite Book: The Stand by Stephen King
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricilliadragomir.html
Latest Review: "Fish Out Of Water" by J.L. Hohler III
fav_author_id: 3251

Marked by P.C. and Kristin Cast

Post by PricilliaDragomir »

I just finished reading Marked written by P.C. And Kristin Cast. It's the first book in the House Of Nights series. It takes place in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It's about a girl who gets marked to become a vampyre. After being marked, she goes to a private vampyre school. She meets new friends and discovers she's gifted with a great gift. She also struggles to adapt to the changes and fit in.

I personally enjoyed this book very much. This is not my first time reading it, and it probably wont be my last. There are many people who automatically think it's just some stupid book because they compare it to other books and don't really give it a chance. It's a very bizarre twist on vampirism, but it's a good twist. This is one of my favorite all time series!
Lorainmaria
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lorainmaria »

Honestly... Loveddd this book. Loved it soo much that i finished the whole series and re-read the first few books again!! A definite reccomended to read by me
PricilliaDragomir

Same here! I'm actually in the middle of re-reading the series so that I can read the latest one as we speak!
malloryraec
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malloryraec.html

Post by malloryraec »

I love the series and think that the plot is great, but I honestly do not think the writing itself is all that good.
PricilliaDragomir

malloryraec wrote:I love the series and think that the plot is great, but I honestly do not think the writing itself is all that good.
In a few ways, I agree with you. I think it's not as much the writing as it is the consistency of it all. I think that's probably what happens when there are more than one writers though. I'm not sure though. James Patterson's books always stay consistent. I'm also not sure what to think about a kid calling her friends kids. I don't see that being done at all. Also the fact that halfway through this series they go from one perspective to many.
Shadowed_Gates
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Honest Illusions
Currently Reading: Moxie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadowed-gates.html
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by Shadowed_Gates »

I'm curious about this series mainly because Ive seen so much comparison to Vampire Academy, which I loved. I'll give this a go.
Latest Review: "How to Write Really Good Research Papers, Really Fast" by Bob Ward
PricilliaDragomir

Shadowed_Gates wrote:I'm curious about this series mainly because Ive seen so much comparison to Vampire Academy, which I loved. I'll give this a go.
You totally should. And I loved Vampire Academy too! Wish she wrote more than six books on that one!
TheBreeAnn
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebreeann.html

Post by TheBreeAnn »

I read these books in high school. They were fun for a while. It was great because one of my teachers read the series and said she could not read the book without imagining me as Zoey. Hahaha.
Temperance627
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temperance627.html

Post by Temperance627 »

I read Marked a few years ago. Picked it up looking for a new series to start and it sounded good. After I got 1/3 of the way through I panicked because I was almost done and didn't want the story to end. I ran to the store and picked up the next few books in the series and couldn't put those down either. I now pre-order them and try to read them slowly (which is harder then it sounds) to make them last. I have also read the Character novellas that go along side this series. I would definitely recommend this series.
CONSTARA
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constara.html

Post by CONSTARA »

OK, I love the whole genre, however, now I will give this a read! Thanks!
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

I read marked and got hooked. As soon as the next book was out I snapped it up. I have read all the books although the last couple have not been as good as the first few.
Alice_Koko
Favorite Book: Animal Farm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-koko.html

Post by Alice_Koko »

"Marked" was a good easy read. Interesting story with its twists and how everything can change in a heartbeat. I am a fan of paranormal (vampires, werewolves etc) stories, but when I picked up next book and looked into other in series, for some reason they did not "pull me in". Seemed it lacked the depth and better language in some aspects.
yalonde
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yalonde.html
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower

Post by yalonde »

All I have to say is this is a long series. I started off really liking the series, but then Zoe became annoying and I didn't enjoy how all the non- gay men wanted her. Neferet, what can i say, she gets away with everything. Even when she does the dirt in their face. I read all the books except the last. I own all the books except the last. I just cannot fathom reading anymore! Knowing me, I will read it one day. Don't want to, but I have invested too much time in the series not to finish it.
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower
BeccaCaley
Favorite Author: To many
Favorite Book: I could not honestly say
Currently Reading: The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Post by BeccaCaley »

Oh my, the Marked series is one of my favourites I read it when it first came out a few years ago when i was about 14 I think and I couldn't get enough of it. I hated waiting for the next one in the series but it was never a disappointment. I understand what you mean though, people don't give it a chance and that really annoys me, I think it deserves more credit!
Lotus flower mind
Favorite Author: Stephanie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight Saga
Currently Reading: Marked_Betrayed by P.C. and Kristin Cast
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lotus-flower-mind.html
fav_author_id: 6352

Post by Lotus flower mind »

Hey I bought the book and have yet to start reading it.
I guess I've been so caught up in the Twilight Saga world for the past few years that I've been a bit biased on how another Vamp series could contend (within my own mind), however I went to Barnes and Nobles to find another series to get into, and based on the cover alone I was drawn to Marked.
I didn't start yet and I've had this book for at least two months now, maybe even longer.
However, after freeing up some time to read other things (other than my study materials), and after reading this discussion; I have decided to start reading it TODAY!
I was fortunate enough to buy the book that has the next book (Betrayed) attached to it, therefore, I don't have to go back to BN for the other book after I've done reading Marked.

I love getting deals on books! Marked and Betrayed for only 9.99

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”