What book got you reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Vixen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vixen »

i'm not quite considered old enough yet in my family. :evil:
hyukawa

Post by hyukawa »

breakingthehabit wrote:
Vixen wrote:I do that today with books. :wink:
do you still have curfews or something? :wink:

To Hyukawa: what makes spiderman and watchmen different?. this may sound a bit ignorant of me to ask, but i was growing up with japanese comics
to me, reading watchmen makes me think life and people are worthless- just not something to do with a flashlight under the covers. whereas spiderman is mostly kind of fun.

i read some manga also growing up - mostly doraemon!
breakingthehabit

Post by breakingthehabit »

omg, i love doraemon. i stuck with them for like more than a decade. love all the gadgets coming out of his pocket. wish i got one, LOL
hyukawa

Post by hyukawa »

breakingthehabit wrote:omg, i love doraemon. i stuck with them for like more than a decade. love all the gadgets coming out of his pocket. wish i got one, LOL
doraemon has universal appeal! i think it's one of the most popular manga characters in asia.

on a peculiar note you may find interesting - the FCC tried to rip off Doraemon a few years ago
http://www.p2pnet.net/story/9261
they actually got sued by the Japanese trademark holders i believe, but the whole thing was unresolved because it was complicated by government entities etc.
quatrostream

Post by quatrostream »

Hi! Few months ago I was quite upset by the situation in the world. To say I was upset is to say nothing. I have been working 10 hours a day and was constantly afraid of losing my only source of income. I don’t even want to begin to recall all financial problems I had. I tried to find different ways to earn income and always failed.
quatrostream

Post by quatrostream »

But finally, after dozens of unsuccessful attempts I succeeded!!! And the main cause was not me, but rather the mastermind who wrote about the Quatro Stream Cash System. I don’t want to pay endless lip service to this e-book and its author. You simply should… No! You MUST READ IT!! Just to discover that everything is possible even when it doesn’t seems like it.
quatrostream

Post by quatrostream »

One thing I liked a lot about the book is that it is not written for you to become an instant millionaire, wrote Quatro Stream Cash System just showed me some really simple techniques, which helped me generate constant income. And IT FEELS GREAT! No profound philosophy, no psychological tricks, no empty words! Only clear steps to follow!
quatrostream

Post by quatrostream »

I read quite a lot on the topic of waking up in the morning with a pocket full of money, but most of books mainly focus on communication, sales strategies, and the power of everyday positive thinking just to attract new readers. Yes, I agree, all of them do work. At least, they should. But personally I couldn’t implement all suggestions I have heard. Maybe my mentality, my abilities or lack of thereof are to blame, but still I can’t say I was at my best while trying.
quatrostream

Post by quatrostream »

I can’t say that having read about the Quatro Stream Cash System I have changed my attitude to running business. The book has simply showed me another method to do it, a new way to interact with virtual reality.
quatrostream

Post by quatrostream »

You can download this amazing e-book here: http://www.quatro-stream.com – it’s absolutely free!
Nylar

Post by Nylar »

There were 2 books that opend me up to the world. Never deal with a dragon robert n carter ( shadow run) and homeland in the drizzet series by salvatorie
hollybear8907

Post by hollybear8907 »

Truthfully, I don't remember not reading. haha when I wasn't old enough to read, although I don't remember this, my brother and mother would read ot me... So I guess I came out of the womb, listening to books and soon reading them! :)
certifiedbookworm

Post by certifiedbookworm »

Well, actually it was 3 different types of books. It was the Bernstein Bears series, Dr Seus and Curious George. Ever since I started reading those when I was younger, I've been reading ever since.
Woodland Nymph

Post by Woodland Nymph »

I've been a reader all my life; starting with Goodnight Moon and Dr. Seuss as a young child, to the Harry Potter books when I was in the third grade. However, I didn't start reading omnivorously until my freshman year of high school, when I discovered Anne Rice for the first time. Reading has been like a lifeline since then.
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

The first books I remember absolutely loving (that I could read on my own) were The Mouse and the Motorcycle, Ralph S. Mouse, and Stuart Little. I think after reading those I was hooked.

My brother used to read Bullfrog Builds a House. I love the Frog and Toad books too.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”