Do you have a special collection?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Anna_Hernandez
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: American Dirt
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-hernandez.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Do you have a special collection?

Post by Anna_Hernandez »

Roy Nick wrote: 19 May 2023, 13:05
Anna_Hernandez wrote: 13 May 2023, 01:10 My mom collects shells from whichever beach we visit. While it's a lovely hobby, it can be cumbersome to pack and fly with the shells without accidentally breaking them. That's why I prefer to collect sand instead :) Every time we visit a beach, I bring a plastic bag to gather some sand. Once I get home, I transfer it to a small glass vial, label it, and add it to my bookshelves. It's a simple way to preserve a piece of every beach I've been to.
This reminds me of my young cousin whose family lives in a coastal region. He brings me shells whenever he visits and confirms I've kept them safely during his next visit. It's really wholesome!
Wait, you collect sand? Forgive me for being naive, but doesn't sand stink when placed in an enclosed jar over a period of time?
To prevent growth, I rinse the sand with water and let it dry completely again before putting it in the bottle. Lol, it may still have a peculiar smell, but I securely super glue the corks in place. Considering the many children aged 3 to 81 who visit my home, we assume everything will be handled and take preventive measures :)
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I have a collection of family pictures and fun time with my siblings. I take them were ever I go and I don't ever get tried to looking at my picture collections.
Rowan The-First
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowan-the-first.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Rowan The-First »

I used to have a special collection during my childhood of snail shells, but as they grew up they started getting lost cause I no longer valued them. But currently I don't have a collection of anything.
What's the reason for your creation, Who really created you and why. Kind regards, That's Rowan of Islam. :?: :tiphat:
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

Just like Donny, I also have a marble collection. But it isn't a lot, only a few marbles are there. But it still is my favorite. Back when I was in school, we could earn marbles by completing our works and that was how I got these marbles. Even now, I keep it with me. Other than marbles, I also used to collect stickers and stamps.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Anna_Hernandez wrote: 19 May 2023, 18:03
Roy Nick wrote: 19 May 2023, 13:05
Anna_Hernandez wrote: 13 May 2023, 01:10 My mom collects shells from whichever beach we visit. While it's a lovely hobby, it can be cumbersome to pack and fly with the shells without accidentally breaking them. That's why I prefer to collect sand instead :) Every time we visit a beach, I bring a plastic bag to gather some sand. Once I get home, I transfer it to a small glass vial, label it, and add it to my bookshelves. It's a simple way to preserve a piece of every beach I've been to.
This reminds me of my young cousin whose family lives in a coastal region. He brings me shells whenever he visits and confirms I've kept them safely during his next visit. It's really wholesome!
Wait, you collect sand? Forgive me for being naive, but doesn't sand stink when placed in an enclosed jar over a period of time?
To prevent growth, I rinse the sand with water and let it dry completely again before putting it in the bottle. Lol, it may still have a peculiar smell, but I securely super glue the corks in place. Considering the many children aged 3 to 81 who visit my home, we assume everything will be handled and take preventive measures :)
I didn't know sand stinks if kept enclosed or it can grow fungus. Fun fact!
That's hard work keeping all sand bottles clean and washing and drying sand every time when needed.
I get the visual of Pirates of the Caribbean and
the ship of Black Pearl when I think of sand in bottle, and the monkey dangling on the ship inside the bottle. 🐒
Kirsti Friesen
Currently Reading: A wrinkle in time
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsti-friesen.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Kirsti Friesen »

I thought his collection of marbles was super cute. I have a collection of angels spread all over my house and I love looking and admiring all of them! Collections are something that a lot of people have, young and old.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I have various collections of different things. When I was a kid, I used to collect red biscuit wrappings and pretend it was money while playing with my sister. I recently threw it away. Now, I collect fiction series novels.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Kirsti Friesen wrote: 24 May 2023, 10:00 I thought his collection of marbles was super cute. I have a collection of angels spread all over my house and I love looking and admiring all of them! Collections are something that a lot of people have, young and old.
I think so, too. The green, blue swirls and amazing patterns in it. It's like holding your own little world.
Wow, that must feel great to be surrounded by Angels.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Currently, I collect the feathers that I find or that happen to fall on my way.

Labels or barcodes that contain the particular number that I like.

Coins that I get.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 24 May 2023, 15:57 I have various collections of different things. When I was a kid, I used to collect red biscuit wrappings and pretend it was money while playing with my sister. I recently threw it away. Now, I collect fiction series novels.
Nice. Times change so fast, one minute we're playing and enjoying and the next we're growing up into the real world. Which fiction series have you collected as of now? I have no collection of fiction series but I did have a large collection of books from scholastic fair.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 26 May 2023, 21:28 Currently, I collect the feathers that I find or that happen to fall on my way.

Labels or barcodes that contain the particular number that I like.

Coins that I get.
Cool. Do feathers go bad like flowers or they'll stay like when you first found them?
I haven't kept any feathers but I like crow feathers, their shine and sleek texture is lovely, and peacock feather's, they have good colors on them.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Kavita Shah wrote: 27 May 2023, 12:05
Omneya Shakeep wrote: 24 May 2023, 15:57 I have various collections of different things. When I was a kid, I used to collect red biscuit wrappings and pretend it was money while playing with my sister. I recently threw it away. Now, I collect fiction series novels.
Nice. Times change so fast, one minute we're playing and enjoying and the next we're growing up into the real world. Which fiction series have you collected as of now? I have no collection of fiction series but I did have a large collection of books from scholastic fair.
That is very true; good times fly fast.
So far, I have "The Harry Potter series," "The Mortal Instruments," "The Infernal Device series," "The Beautiful Creatures series," "The Twilight series," "The Divergent series," and "The Shadow Hunter Academy."
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 27 May 2023, 17:54
Kavita Shah wrote: 27 May 2023, 12:05
That is very true; good times fly fast.
So far, I have "The Harry Potter series," "The Mortal Instruments," "The Infernal Device series," "The Beautiful Creatures series," "The Twilight series," "The Divergent series," and "The Shadow Hunter Academy."
That's some really cool collections, give yourself a pat on the back for this.
I've read book 1 of Harry potter and watched all 7 parts(or 8🤔) and watched all the Twilight movies. The Shadow Hunter academy sounds mysterious an fantasy one, and I would like to read it. If there's a fair anytime soon, I'll look for these titles.
I don't have series but one set of 3 books by this author Ian Rankin, and his stories of detective Rebus. Great! Detective stories and mystery are what I love reading the most.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Mellino Itz wrote: 22 May 2023, 09:53 I have a collection of family pictures and fun time with my siblings. I take them were ever I go and I don't ever get tried to looking at my picture collections.
That's really nice pictures of siblings, family always spreads a smile when you take a look at those fun family moments. I like to take pictures and videos. And once in while, after like clicking and shooting several videos, we'll sit down and watch them and laugh looking a lot. Sometimes it's quite shocking to watch how we ever did that stuff we did. Super fun!
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Rowan The-First wrote: 23 May 2023, 01:07 I used to have a special collection during my childhood of snail shells, but as they grew up they started getting lost cause I no longer valued them. But currently I don't have a collection of anything.
Wow, a collection of snails, that's interesting. There must have been all kinds of snail shells.
Well, if you ever feel like starting another collection then don't hesitate.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”