Review of Finding Our True Identity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Review of Finding Our True Identity

Post by David Chijindu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Finding Our True Identity" by Honey Dee.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

God created different people with different behaviours. Human beings are God's representatives on earth. We must avoid evil and follow all instructions from God. This book teaches readers the importance of knowing their true identity.

Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee is a book where the author discusses how readers can find their true identity in Christ. The author informs readers their true identity is anchored in Christ using different Bible stories and real-life experiences. We must avoid sinful activities and ensure whatever we do glorifies God. The process of finding our true identity involves various stages. We must have faith, trust, confidence and love for Jesus Christ. There are many distractions in the world. These distractions have made many youths fall into the trap of Satan because they do not know their true identity. We must be able to differentiate between the word of God and the word of Satan. Read the 39 pages of the book to find out how youths can follow the principles given by God.

I like some aspects of the book. I love how the author uses the book to teach readers the world is a temporary place. We must be cautious in our daily activities. The author uses different passages from the Bible to explain her points. It was helpful because I referenced the Bible while reading the book. For instance, on page 2, the author discusses the story of Noah and adds the Bible passage (Genesis 6). I learned God is our true identity, and we must put our trust in God. The tale of De'Marquise Elkins was educative. It taught me the importance of living a good life. The author also adds important statistics to the book. For instance, after reading the book, I learned that 3.8 per cent of people worldwide are transgender.

I did not like some aspects of the book. I needed help understanding the abbreviations in the piece. For instance, on page 6, the author uses two abbreviations (LSD and PCP) without writing the full meaning. A reader unfamiliar with those acronyms would need help understanding them.

The book is educative. One of the important lessons in the book is forgiveness. We must fear God and forgive people who offend us. I found one error in the book, so it is professionally well-edited. Due to the aspects of the book I like, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to youths who want to read a book on overcoming the world's challenges following the teachings of God.

Finding Our True Identity
View: on Bookshelves
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

I enjoyed reading your review. I think this book would, without any doubt, help me grow as a Christian; drawing me closer to Christ. Thanks for this amazing review.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

Thank you for your review. I enjoy books that encourage and remind us that a relationship with God is the answer to so many of our troubles. Life is full of quick fixes but a relationship with God is the only way to true fulfillment. I look forward to reading this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”