What Grace Means to Me

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Jessy E
Currently Reading: How to win friends and influence people
Bookshelf Size: 106

Re: What Grace Means to Me

Post by Jessy E »

This is a beautiful piece of poem very heartwarming and inspiring,A lot of us need more understanding on how to set boundaries without crossing boundaries.
Amna Malik 5
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amna Malik 5 »

This is such a wonderful poem that I read that symbolises balance in life. The last few lines were pretty deep and almost had me thinking for a very long time about myself and the society that we live in. Thankyiu so much for this precious message you have conveyed with an amazing choice of words.
Scott wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 12:22 I hope you like it! :)

What Grace Means to Me
by Scott Hughes

To be extremely confident, but not at all arrogant.

To be brave, but not fearless.

To be stoically tough, but not painless.

To be inspired, but not restless.

To have calm endurance without laziness.

To be motivated, but not greedy.

To have fun in this life, without addiction, attachment, or desperate clinginess.

To love and appreciate, without jealousy, cowardly possessiveness, or controlling anger.

To be alive, but not discontent.

To be content, but not dead.

To live as a mortal human, without becoming only human.

To treat your flesh as your temple, but not your true self.

To be at war in the material world, without losing inner peace.

To be kind, but not dishonest.

To love and forgive unconditionally, but only trust intelligently.

To be assertive, but not aggressive.

To forcefully defend your own as needed, but not offensively attack others.

To set boundaries without crossing boundaries.

To be rebellious and free, but not a tyrant.

To pick your battles stingily, but fight the battles you pick with incredible stubborn determination.

To rarely choose to do, but to do your best when you do.

To be stubbornly decisive and self-determined, but accepting of that which you cannot control.

To do your best with the metaphorical cards you’re dealt, without trying to change the cards at all.

To do, without trying.

To achieve ultimate inner peace without having to first suffer ultimate outward devastation.

To choose to make where you are now your personal rock bottom before hitting actual rock bottom.

To choose to turn your life around before it is too late and there is no life left to turn around.
Precious Esquilona

Post by Precious Esquilona »

The piece is very well written. It emphasizes what we are and have in life without actually being too much of it. Nicely done.
Clement Otieno 1

Post by Clement Otieno 1 »

The poem illustrates the paradoxic life we live. The do's and don't however hard we tries but nature takes its course. "To love and appreciate, without jealousy, cowardly possessiveness, or controlling anger"
John Kinyua 4
Currently Reading: Alpha Buddies Land
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kinyua-4.html
Latest Review: Let it Be by Thomas Grady

Post by John Kinyua 4 »

I will call this self-control. A great way to live a peaceful and satisfying life.
Sujata Mainali

Post by Sujata Mainali »

I love the each and every words which have the deep meaning which is relatable to everyones life journey
Huge respect for choosing such a words and for creation 🙏🙏
Honeywell Atyang

Post by Honeywell Atyang »

This poem is awesome .....I like it
Sumayya Nabiirah Bagonza
Currently Reading:

Post by Sumayya Nabiirah Bagonza »

This poem spoke to me and made me realise a few things. Especially this line;" To be stubbornly decisive and self-determined, but accepting of that which you cannot control" I am quite obsessive and a perfectionist. So this poem has given me lots of things to think about and put in perspective
Alida Spies
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Circle Of Pearls
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 55%

Post by Alida Spies »

It is beautiful and very apt. I fully agree with those sentiments! Well done, Scott.
Shivpriya Khude

Post by Shivpriya Khude »

It's beautifully written.. Describes how it is.. How it will be. If it has to..
It's very motivated and self confidence poetry..
Nicely describe the perspective of our thoughts..
Andreea pocris

Post by Andreea pocris »

, "to be brave but not fearless" is literally so true
Karkodan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude

Post by Karkodan »

The poem presents a series of dichotomies and contrasts between different states of being.
It explores the balance between seemingly opposing traits and emotions, such as confidence and arrogance, bravery and fearlessness, and motivation and greed.
The poem suggests that it is possible to embody positive traits without falling into their negative counterparts.
The poem also touches on themes of self-improvement, inner peace, and personal growth.
It encourages the reader to strive for balance in their life and to make conscious choices to turn their life around before it is too late.
In essence, the poem presents a thought-provoking reflection on the human condition and the pursuit of inner peace and contentment. It encourages the reader to strive for balance and to make conscious choices in their life.
Jaya K 2

Post by Jaya K 2 »

Now I know that the whole world is striving for Grace i.e. balance...we just don't know it. You have given a beautiful name for the daily strife of mankind - the search for the impossible - the saving Grace or balance
Rumbi Chiringah
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumbi-chiringah.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Rumbi Chiringah »

The poem carries a powerful message. Sometimes we expect too much in life, only to end up disappointed. Being content with what we have is the key.
Tandi Erasmus

Post by Tandi Erasmus »

I think this speaks from the writers heart and words he wants to live by. The last line is very insightful.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”