Review of The TUFF House

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Natasha Kim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of The TUFF House

Post by Natasha Kim »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The TUFF House" by Dennis Rice.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

THE TUFF HOUSE: The Rise and Fall of a Political Party by Dennis Rice is a work of fiction. The focal theme of this book is centered on curbing crime and illegal activities and apprehending criminals after thorough investigations done with sheer determination. It also contains forms of violence, unlawful possession of ammunition, and the use of hard drugs. 

This story starts with Raymond's sudden disappearance at Rebel Crossing. Cole, the department chief who was once in the CIA, took up the case, searched Raymond's house for any leads, and found a note that read, "Check out the Tuff House." What is this Tuff House? What connection does it have with Raymond's disappearance? This case went haywire as strangers asked for Raymond's whereabouts, and the Grande Party, an influential political party, began violent rallies. Cole needed more hands and contacted the Bureau and FBI agents, who were interested in the case too, and all hands were on deck with sheer determination. What is going on, and who is in charge of these activities? Will Raymond be found? Investigations are more intense now. What will John, Sally, Kenny, Cole, and others find, and what measures will they take to find evidence? Will the culprits be apprehended? Find out in this suspense-filled novel. 

I loved the characters named Cole, Sally, and Kenny. This trio worked together in every way possible to get the investigation running. Cole and Sally dig into finding every little piece of information. Cole and Sally had something lovely between them; a little romance lightened up the novel. Kenny was young and vibrant, always ready to do his best. They all made a great team. 

This book is well-detailed. I found the storyline to be compelling and very engaging. I enjoyed every page as the book was filled with action. I was eager to know what the outcome would be. The author did a great job with the characterization. I loved how each character was introduced to us with all their unique qualities. All characters were adequately developed, and each played a significant role in making a perfect and impeccable storyline. The book was easy to navigate as all events followed sequentially as the story progressed, leaving no loose ends. l disliked no parts.

However, I loved everything about the book. The book was perfectly edited, as I found no errors. I loved the way the author was able to capture the events in the book while ensuring that the book was captivating, and I also loved the inclusion of headings and the use of graphical tables in the form of a memo used for illustrations during their meetings. The author's writing was phenomenal, and I am rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of crime thrillers and investigations.

The TUFF House
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Wow! Where did Raymond go? It seems to me that Cole s doing everything that he can, but we all know that that’ not always enough for everyone, is it?
Mhoreni Kheji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabrina-david.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Mhoreni Kheji »

I'm so curious to know why Raymond disappeared and where he disappeared d to. Your review is great and well done.
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Jane Honda »

Raymond disappearance is truly the centre story of this book. This book depicts how desperate people are when they want to get position.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

I'm a huge fan of any book that has little or much action in it, and I must say that from your your review, this sounds like a book I'll enjoy reading. You mentioned the storyline being engaging and has therefore made me want to read this book.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I know the political world is a deadly one, however I love reading or watching anything related to that because there'll always be some new secret to learn.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

From your review I feel gingered already to read the book. I love the cover page and the theme of the story, wonderful review. Well-done.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

I'm a huge fan of any book that has little or much action in it, and I must say that from your your review, this sounds like a book I'll enjoy reading. You mentioned the storyline being engaging and has therefore made me want to read this book.
Cresswell Henderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cresswell-henderson.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Cresswell Henderson »

Political thrillers are always satisfying to read. I enjoyed reading your review about this book and as well look forward to reading the book itself. Great review!
Cresswell Henderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cresswell-henderson.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Cresswell Henderson »

Political thrillers are always satisfying to read. I enjoyed reading your review about this book and as well look forward to reading the book itself. Great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”