Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Ann Harun »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a fantasy novel that digs deep into Galen's life and trials. The novel also discusses the people of Voulhire. This novel is 292 pages long and segmented into 21 chapters. The story begins with Galen fleeing the Land of the Princes, where he had resided as an ordinary citizen. The sons of the Emperor of Lullabies rule the Land of the Princes. He had given them the land in order to foil their plot to dethrone him. Galen's flee from the Land of the Princes was exciting, and he faced multiple difficulties. Galen arrived at his uncle Herr Bray's house after his departure. In Magnum Caelum, he began a brand-new life. In the meantime, Eldus Alderman has been ordered by King Wilhelm Arcolo to relocate from Soulhire to Hillport. He wants Eldus to rebuild Hillport from its shambles. Hillport's transformation is significant, and some factors are beyond Eldus' control. What is the ending of the story? Will Eldus Alderman be successful in his quest?

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies By Matthew Tysz is a suspenseful novel that alternates between first-person and third-person narratives. This novel's narrative and storyline are exceptional. Using simple phrases, Matthew Tysz did an excellent job of explaining and expressing the characters' deeds, feelings, and surroundings.

The author's approach to narration is a strong foundation that he built on, which I observed while reading this novel. The plot at the start of the book enabled me to envisage the character profiles' journey while reading. I relished using the outline to assist and guide me in portraying vivid imagery. This fantasy novel was also intriguing and interesting to read. Matthew Tysz did an excellent job describing this novel. He provided adequate emotional depth for the protagonists in this novel. This book taught me about bravery, tenacity, and grit

This was a well-crafted and written novel from a professional point of view. We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies was superbly proofread and edited, and I found no spelling or grammatical errors while reading it. There was nothing that I disliked about it. I didn't notice any flaws while reading it. The author's point of view is extraordinary, and I enjoyed Matthew's literary style. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel to this novel.

Understanding the message behind each story allows one to connect to the plot. This book taught me a few things, and I genuinely think that other people who read will as well. Therefore, I highly recommend this book to fantastical and adventure fans. As a result of the points mentioned earlier and the author's descriptive writing, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

I reviewed his book and really enjoyed reading it. I'm glad you found it enjoyable too. Thanks for the detailed review.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ann Harun »

Jane Omollo wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 09:12 I reviewed his book and really enjoyed reading it. I'm glad you found it enjoyable too. Thanks for the detailed review.
Thank you.
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I'm currently reading this book and I've enjoyed it so far. It's encouraging to see that other people have also had a good time reading it.
JkReviewer17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-najibullah-qanit.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by JkReviewer17 »

I have reviewed the book as well and I am happy that you have found it enjoyable as well! Great review!
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This sounds like a great book, with a good storyline and good character development. It's great to see that you enjoyed and learnt from the book. Thanks for a great review!
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

This novel seems interesting. You did a great job summarising the story and I would love to read the book. Thank you for the review.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I reviewed this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. I struggled to piece together all of the characters, realms, and universes, but once I had taken the time to piece it all together, I became so invested in what was to come. I am looking forward to reading the next book of the series.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”