Review of Life Coaching for Adults on the Autism Spectrum

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Life Coaching for Adults on the Autism Spectrum

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life Coaching for Adults on the Autism Spectrum" by Jaclyn Hunt.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life Coaching for Adults on the Autism Spectrum: Discovering Your True Potential is a highly educational and insightful self-help book written by Jaclyn Hunt that gives a practical guide to people with ASD, life coaches, and parents who have children with ASD.

Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability caused by differences in the brain. Usually, people with ASD have issues with interacting with others, paying attention, and oftentimes developing an interest in a particular thing. Some people see ASD as a mental illness, but Jaclyn believes that ASD is a social and communicative disorder that does not only require therapy and medication but also intense social and communication training. According to the author, "The purpose of this book is to raise awareness about the side of autism not easily seen by simply looking at a person from the outside."

Originally, she intended to study computer science but quickly changed her career path because she did not have sufficient math knowledge. She studied psychology at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, before going on to earn her master’s degree in the behavioral sciences with a specialization in psychological services at Kean University in Union, NJ. As a life coach, she noticed there was little to no information and practical approaches for treating autism. Driven by the passion to render selfless service, she decided to create her own technique for treating ASD. That passion drove her to write this book.

The book is a practical guide for people with ASD, but it can also be helpful to neurotypicals. The book is divided into two sections. The purpose of the first section is to give the reader a thorough overview of living with ASD in adulthood and the expectations that come with being an adult. She not only gives tips and advice to people on the spectrum, but she also dishes out helpful tips to parents who may have a child on the spectrum. These tips have proven to go a long way, as many clients have attested to her effective therapy sessions. These tips have also helped many with ASD socialize better and live independently. Body language and purposeful eye contact are two of the many tools she uses to teach them cognitive skills.

The author took her time and explained the effects of high school on people with ASD. Academic workload and lots of social activities in high school could be overwhelming for ASD students. Bullying was one topic that was discussed. Bullying can have a long-term effect on a person. The trauma itself can create low self-esteem, depression, and anxiety. The second part talks about the transition stages of graduating high school, preparing for college, looking for a job, living independently, and even building relationships. I got to understand that ASD students tend to experience puberty at a slower rate than neurotypicals. This and many other issues create fear and anxiety in people with ASD.

One thing I loved about this book was the testimonials from Jaclyn's clients. At intervals, we get to read messages from her past clients and their appraisals of her effective method of therapy that produced optimistic results in their children who are on the spectrum. This was a ray of sunshine, to say the least, because anyone can see that her methods of therapy have been tested and tried.

One noteworthy statement from one of her clients was, "I found her to be inspiring, supportive, optimistic, and the "seeing the greatness in everyone" type of life coach." This statement couldn't be more true. She goes all out in helping anyone on the spectrum navigate through the difficulties of life.

I learned so much from this book, and I got a better understanding of autism spectrum disorder and people living with it. Her purpose for writing this book was to create awareness, and she did it in an easy, clear, and fluid manner with her writing. I found absolutely nothing to dislike about this book, and I will be happy to recommend it to anyone who is on the spectrum, parents who have children with ASD, and life coaches who are looking to expand their knowledge on autism and possibly learn more effective methods of therapy for people with ASD.

The book was professionally edited, and I am more than happy to give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because it ticks all the boxes.

Life Coaching for Adults on the Autism Spectrum
View: on Bookshelves
Charles Babbage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-babbage.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Charles Babbage »

Life Coaching for Adults on the Autism Spectrum is a book written by Jaclyn Hunt. Reading this review has made me realise just how interesting it would be to read this book. Can't wait!
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Active Chris »

This book would be of great help to a lot of individuals. I was not aware of the term, ASD until recently and I found out that it's not an easy situation for individuals passing through it. I believe this book would serve as inspiration and motivation.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

What an insightful review! This book is a self-help book, I agree with the author here, most people with autism are often stigmatized. This is an awareness to society that autistic people do not have mental disorders, but lack communication skills. This is a great book and I suggest measures should be taken to protect people living with autism in our societies.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

This book reminds me of a movie I watched recently about people with ASD. The truth is that people with this disorder need to be loved and accepted by the society to enable them develop well. Wonderful review.
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

An essential self-help book that can help create awareness about a topic that most people shy away from. People with autism deserve to live a life like everyone. Thanks for the detailed review!
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

This is a nice book that guide those suffering from autism spectrum disorder how to live and cope with this neurological problem
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This review is really intriguing and interesting. I love that it's detailed and the summary seems to be in suit about the story. Thanks for the review
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

Many parents have to struggle with the difficulties of raising a child with autism and its not easy. They were not chosen by them and they try their best.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Your review provides valuable insights and perspective for potential readers. It's helpful to know what worked for you and what didn't, as well as your overall impression of the book. Reviews like these are essential for guiding readers towards books that align with their interests and preferences. Keep up the excellent work, and I look forward to reading more of your reviews in the future.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

Life Coaching for Adults on the Autism Spectrum: Discovering Your True Potential by Jaclyn Hunt is a very sceptical novel that teaches a lot about autism.
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

There so many people with life difficulties. This book is informative and the author did a great job. Great review
NadiaBoateng
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadiaboateng.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by NadiaBoateng »

Life coaching for adults on the autism spectrum is a very helpful book, especially to anyone who has someone with ASD. I like how the author created some guides in the book to help people with ASD navigate daily struggles.
Bianca Morano
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

I'm very interested in this book as it talks about ASD. I had a close family member with a same disorder. I really think this would help me gain knowledge about their condition. And will make me understand more. Thanks for the great review.
Michelle Joseph 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-joseph-2.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Michelle Joseph 2 »

This book already has my attention, heart, and love since it is educational. I would enjoy reading Life Coaching for Adults on the Autism Spectrum for the informative information it offers. I commend the author for sharing this information. The review is written properly.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”