Review of Effortless Belonging

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Review of Effortless Belonging

Post by Temi Book »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Effortless Belonging" by Oscar Willis Mitchell.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The basic idea of the nonfiction self-help book Effortless Belonging: The Lost Science Synchrony by Oscar Willis Mitchell revolves around a historical text called the Lankavatara Sutra. The first of these books was originally authored in Sanskrit (a classical language belonging to the Indo-Aryan branch of the Indo-European languages) and first made its appearance in Chinese translation in 443 CE.  

There are three sections in Effortless Belonging. The first is called Core Concepts, and it demonstrates research into our awareness, self, consciousness, and mental health, as well as suchness and, most importantly, accepting who we are without putting on a mask. Our inner and outer selves are both visible in suchness, which is the calm nature of the mind. Nature's Interdependent Co-Arising is the title of the book's second section. This section celebrates the full potential and advancement of people. Here, we discover that the five stages of propensity, comprehension, prejudice, circumstance, and disposition determine an individual's capacity to integrate learning. To find out how they actually function, continue reading this book. We shall also address the important topic of “Who do we think we are?” here.

The first chapter of the book, Lanka is presented in its entirety in the third section.  The author of this book developed his ideas after studying D.T. Suzuki's writings. The first English translation of the Lanka was D.T. Suzuki's work. I appreciate that the author took the time to describe the mysteries and history of the Lanka. The explanation helps make the notion easier to understand because the book is new to me and, I'm convinced, to other readers as well. Mr. Oscar discussed the history of the Buddhists, from India to China, and how their work was disrupted, and they were dispersed in this book. Every chapter ends with a poem that makes you stop and think about the meaning of life and who you are.  

Even though it's acceptable to live alone, this book taught me that we cannot survive by ourselves. We continue to require the help of the people around us. Nonetheless, it highlights the necessity for isolation occasionally because it is in solitary that we can reflect and get profound understanding and insights into ourselves. Because it is an old discipline that deals with human psychology, Lanka will help people learn the innermost secrets of their lives. “It's our job to be happy,” the author remarked, and I quote: “ensure your happiness.”

The author's tendency to move from one thought to another bothered me about this book, but I can't give it a lower rating because the author claimed to have dyslexia. I rate this 5 out of 5 stars because of the author's insightful analysis and thorough justification. No errors were discovered while I was reading. Hence, it has flawless editing. 

This might not be for everyone, but I do recommend it to individuals who enjoy reading self-help books, particularly those that deal with self-discovery. 

Effortless Belonging
View: on Bookshelves
Ebube Steve
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebube-steve.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ebube Steve »

Effortless belongings is a great self help book, I read it sometimes last month and it was amazing. You gave a very well detailed review. Good one
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Beautiful book!
Truly it's our choice to be happy
We have to choose that, ensure our happiness and know that we can't survive alone. Great review
Charles Babbage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-babbage.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Charles Babbage »

Non fiction self help books are really nice and they help us the readers understand concepts to life that we usually disregarded in the past.
Comr Steve miracle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comr-steve-miracle.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Comr Steve miracle »

The good thing about a self-help book is that if you misunderstand something then it won't mock you. I loved how you gave an effortless review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

This self-help book sounds complex. It also sounds like research work. What will I learn from it? Great review.
Nmesomachi Ambie
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange trial
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesomachi-ambie.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nmesomachi Ambie »

I found this self help book very encouraging. Beautiful beginning was indeed the wake up call I very much needed at the time I read it.Your review is very detailed. Nice one
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

This self help book explains psychological terms like Lanka and also teaches the readers on the benefit of having people around. Thanks for the review.
Oscar Zereta
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oscar-zereta.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Oscar Zereta »

I don't think I would enjoy this book. I'm really not interested in its content. Also, I'm not a fan of self-help books. Thanks for your well detailed review though.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like it would definitely bring a new perspective on self help books. Thanks for a great review!
Natasha Kim
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Natasha Kim »

Self help books are not really my thing, but this book is inspirational and has lots of concepts about life. It has insightful content that helps you find yourself, discover some hidden talents and braces you up for what life holds. Thanks for your detailed review. Great review.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

I could feel this inner peace and unexpressive joy while reading this review. This is going to be a blast. I was so captivated by the plot. Can't wait to read this book.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

This self-help book is interesting it looks like there will be some secret of self-discovery in this book I look forward to reading this book.
Ayilaran Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayilaran-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Ayilaran Emmanuel »

Awesome Review!

After all, we can choose to be joyful.
We must decide that, secure our happiness, and understand that we cannot survive on our own.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Effortless Belonging: The Lost Science Synchrony by Oscar Willis Mitchell sounds like an interesting nonfiction book that explores strong themes that readers will find insightful. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”