Review of Make Your Own Job

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of Make Your Own Job

Post by Agbata Trust »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Make Your Own Job" by Wm. Hovey Smith.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In as much as we celebrate the adoption of high-tech equipment in boosting the economy, we need to think about the impact that it has on the employment of a nation. How do we create a long-lasting source of income? This is the question every successful person should be asking. Make Your Own Job by Wm. Hovey Smith is a wealth-generation and sustenance book that would appeal to anyone who seeks to be successful.

A lot of people who have worked in different companies and industries have had a lot of ugly experiences. Aside from that, they have little or no time for social activities or family. And in the end, they are laid off when their workplace suffers some setbacks. The amazing thing here is that we are in an age where anything can generate income. It's all about doing your research well to know what people want and also about your mindset. They are basic things you need to know before you can create a job for yourself, without which you will fail. Grab a copy to find out.

I love this book because of the truth in it. The impact of technology on the population has its disadvantages as well, which most people don't know. I was able to learn that this era also opens us up to a lot of opportunities to create wealth. I was able to flow well with this read. This is because I don't like working for someone and have searched for ways to create a job for myself. I think I can start something due to what I have learned. I didn't encounter any complexities throughout my read; everything was straight to the point. There were a lot of subtopics in this book, which made it easy for me to understand. I loved the narrative pattern; it was more like a wealth seminar.

The words were too small for me, and this is the only thing I didn't like about this book. Without which the book is very amazing. I also did not encounter any errors, which shows that the book was superbly well-edited. Due to the amazing features of this book that have been stated above, I will rate it five out of five stars.

This book is not only for working-class people; it's also for young readers who are planning to search for employment. Therefore, I recommend this book to both young and adult readers. 

Make Your Own Job
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

As someone who doesn't like to have a boss as well, I am sure I will enjoy the content of this book. I agree that most of what we're doing, like our simple habits, can generate income (like being here). I want to learn from this book how to make my own job. Your review is awesome!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Agbata Trust- wrote: 26 Feb 2023, 02:52
This is because I don't like working for someone and have searched for ways to create a job for myself.
I am with you on this, and I do the same. I think, gradually more people are sharing this idea of being independent workers. Your review is good, and the book sounds like something I would pick while in a bookstore. Thank you, Agbata.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Active Chris »

I believe this book would be suitable for general readability because everyone in interested in acquiring wealth. Actually, this present age, we can generate income swiftly. It depends on what you put your mind to do. I enjoyed reading your review.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 23:02
Agbata Trust- wrote: 26 Feb 2023, 02:52
This is because I don't like working for someone and have searched for ways to create a job for myself.
I am with you on this, and I do the same. I think, gradually more people are sharing this idea of being independent workers. Your review is good, and the book sounds like something I would pick while in a bookstore. Thank you, Agbata.
Thank you so much.
Malthide Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

The amazing thing I learned from your review is that this book explains how income is generated, which is one aspect that every individual should read in order to develop their business. Good review.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

You are right. This modern age has given us all the tools we need to create jobs for ourselves. Your review is elaborate and honest. Nice job.
Chizor Adiza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Chizor Adiza »

This is a fantastic review. The title of the book attracts my attention as I am an entrepreneurship-minded person. Your explanation on how easy it is to read plus the superb editing further arouses my interest. Thank you for your feedback
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

I completely agree with your review. We can create a niche for ourselves and make income from it.
I'll be glad to read this book to learn more about wealth generation and sustenance.
Thanks for the inviting review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I've found out that most of this book on how to be successful doesn't always work. They give ideas that are not practicable for someone who wants to start from scratch. Will this be different? Great review.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Immediately I saw this book's title, I love this book. I have not read this book but I can already imagine the type of information that will be contained in it. Thanks for an amazing review.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Getting a source of income is really important, and honestly, technology can go a long way in helping individuals earn money on their own. Thanks for the review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting topic that the author has here. There are more advancement in technology and like that, more people are getting laid off. So, everyone has to improvise someday.
Charles Babbage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-babbage.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Charles Babbage »

I really loved this review. It was concise, and this shows how well the author made the story flow. The characters were well expressed.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This is an informative book with lesson-packed themes that will educate readers on how to be successful. Thanks for the insightful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”