Review of The Sound of Creation

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of The Sound of Creation

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Sound of Creation" by Gabriella Zielke.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ava Lawson is the protagonist in the book, The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke. Ava works at Sense Labs as the CEO. Her company creates Artificial Intelligence. Seneca is a successful machine they created that produces original music. But this music is strange that nothing can compare. What if this music reveals more than melodies and choruses?

Here comes Zek, also an intriguing character in the book. Ava came across Zek but he was a stranger to her. Ava doesn't know that he was from another world. He belongs to the Creation Guild World. He is a senior apprentice in the Creation Guild. Zek created Earth, his final creation, which needs to present to the grandmaster a fully functioning and balanced creation, for him to be a full member of the guild. With that, he was sent to Earth. Find out how these two characters round up in the book.

This book received two commendations from me. Firstly, Gabriella Zielke used simple words for her readers to easily understand. Secondly, the book has no spelling mistakes, proof that it is professionally edited.

However, I've observed many negative aspects of the book. I admit that the storyline is difficult to comprehend. The characters are not well-described and well-developed. There are some instances that I'm in a foggy reading because the story is vague. The change in the plot is uneasy to follow and unappealing to me. The settings in the book are not well-rounded. And with all the characters, I only found Ava and Zek well-developed. The rest can be easily forgotten because of its short description and how it was delivered in the book. But these unsatisfactory experiences are on a personal level. This book might be an exciting read for others. But still, I would suggest that the author must look further into these issues.

The starting point of the novel was a tedious journey for me. The author presented many characters that confused me because their roles are not fully expounded. But gladly, in the latter part of the book, some enjoyable and interesting scenes occurred, which made me hold on to the book. Particularly, the scenes about Ava's unborn child and the emergency they faced.

In addition, I found some grammatical errors that are subjective because I believe that it is part of the author's unique writing style.

I rate The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke 3 out of 5 stars. The two stars deduction was the effect of the negative aspects I previously mentioned. I would not recommend this book to other lovers of the genre except science fiction. I believe it is a difficult read for readers who are not a fan of sci-fi books. For me, this book belongs to sci-fi lovers.

The Sound of Creation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I wonder what happend to Ava's unborn child and how you specifically listed your likes and dislikes is so beautiful. Your review is really nice to read and it gives a general scope of the book. Great review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Although I do not find the book appealing, I won’t fail to commend the review; it’s well written!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Moo Reny wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 09:07 I wonder what happend to Ava's unborn child and how you specifically listed your likes and dislikes is so beautiful. Your review is really nice to read and it gives a general scope of the book. Great review.
Thank you so much, Moo Reny! Still learning to write.😊
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Edit_or wrote: 03 Feb 2023, 14:54 Although I do not find the book appealing, I won’t fail to commend the review; it’s well written!
Thank you so much, Edit_or. I am still learning to write.😊
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

I wrote a review about this book too, but it's still pending. I guess we both have different views about it; but I totally agree on the sci-fi part.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Esther Godwin Ogechi wrote: 05 Feb 2023, 13:32 I wrote a review about this book too, but it's still pending. I guess we both have different views about it; but I totally agree on the sci-fi part.
It will be published for sure! Yes, different readers have a different opinions.😊 Thank you for commenting!
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Interesting review, I must admit. I think I'll love to find out more about what happened to Ava and Zek. I'll take a wild guess and say that Zek impregnated Ava, and that where the issue of an unborn baby came from. Impressive writing style!
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Alex Reeves wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 02:11 Interesting review, I must admit. I think I'll love to find out more about what happened to Ava and Zek. I'll take a wild guess and say that Zek impregnated Ava, and that where the issue of an unborn baby came from. Impressive writing style!
Your words are very kind Alex. Thank you so much. Your guess will probably be right, hopefully, you have time to read the book so you'll find out. In addition, I like the philosopher you included in your signature.😍
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP

Post by Alex Reeves »

You're very welcome. By the way, I got that signature in a book I read earlier. It held about 20 quotes from Marcus Aurelius, and I just picked that one. Pretty amazing, right?
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Alex Reeves wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 06:28 You're very welcome. By the way, I got that signature from a book I read earlier. It held about 20 quotes from Marcus Aurelius, and I just picked that one. Pretty amazing, right?
Exactly! I like the quote! I have a book by Marcus Aurelius, it's Meditations but I haven't read it yet.
Precious Anavheoba
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

I do not think I will be interested in this book but your review is really good. I hope the author works on all the issues being pointed out.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Precious Anavheoba wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 09:22 I do not think I will be interested in this book but your review is really good. I hope the author works on all the issues being pointed out.
Thank you Precious for commenting! :tiphat: Yes, I hope too.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP

Post by Alex Reeves »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 06:54
Alex Reeves wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 06:28 You're very welcome. By the way, I got that signature from a book I read earlier. It held about 20 quotes from Marcus Aurelius, and I just picked that one. Pretty amazing, right?
Exactly! I like the quote! I have a book by Marcus Aurelius, it's Meditations but I haven't read it yet.
I would certainly love to read that. That man is as gifted as any philosopher could ever be.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Alex Reeves wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 00:13
Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 06:54
I would certainly love to read that. That man is as gifted as any philosopher could ever be.
I agree 💯%. I even follow a youtube channel that always quotes his philosophical ideas. Have you seen one of Einzelganger's YouTube videos?

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”