Official Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nove Gallamora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nove-gallamora.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Re: Official Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Post by Nove Gallamora »

Good job for the reviewer for noting these flaws and shortcomings. I'm not really sure, but I think it makes me more curious about the author's writing style. This book also seems like a challenging book to read. I believe that science fiction requires the readers' active engagement and imagination to be able to fully enjoy the story.
Samuel 1 8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Samuel 1 8 »

It seems like an interesting science fiction and adventures that it is worth explaining I like that book, so this might compensate for the other shortcomings. Thank you for your recommendation and this amazing review!
Samuel 1 8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Samuel 1 8 »

The characters in this book undoubtedly belong to the space opera. They are all very flat and primitive. The author almost never explains how the characters became the way they appeared on the pages of his book :tiphat:
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

It will really hurt when your enjoyment and relaxation is turned around. The cover page is very intriguing. I will like to read the experiences that Brian and Gary faced. Congratulations to the author on winning book of the day.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

This review reveals the intriguing aspects of this sci-fi story, and I would love to know how the story unfolds the events in space.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

Incredible! I may be wrong if I say it is the height of wickedness for a brother to do what president Dixon did to his brother. Nice review anyways!
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The Proximity of Stars' by Benedict Stuart has a vivid introduction. It well describes the minute details of the science fiction story of the book for readers. The point that the plot of the story is based on the confrontation between the almighty evil dictator and his noble brother is worth mentioning in the review. Also, the point that the scenes in the story are realistic, as mentioned in the review, is remarkable for readers. It was great to learn that this is a real space opera awkwardly dressed in severe robes of hard science fiction!
AllTooWell
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

I had never read about a space opera, and I am intrigued by it. I want to read this book to find out why Brian's brother, Dixon created false charges of espionage and conspiracy to imprison his own brother!
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mytkreadingreview »

Brian and Gary was best friends trying to celebrate their victory by creating an island near black sea, yes it is true when they say you must put God in everything we do even on small unsual things, because whenever you plan something the Devil is also planning too to erase that idea you had into your mind. We all see that witness when he used Brian's brother for his evil actions when Brian and Gary got arrested with false charges and Brian brother was behind it.
Crs webco
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: An American Conspiracy
Currently Reading: Resonant
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crs-webco.html
Latest Review: An American Conspiracy by Alan C. Moore
Reading Device: B07WGJ9KT3

Post by Crs webco »

NetMassimo wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 07:57 This seems like old-style science fiction, plot-based with little or no character development. It can still be a lot of fun. Thank you for your great review!
I have to agree that the old-style science fiction diagnosis is spot-on. I cut my teeth on 50's and 60's sci-fi, and have a fondness, still, for classic tomes, and the authors who wrote them. Kudos to the author for attaining BOTD honors!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I think I can relate to Brian's character in this book. His quest is similar to mine. But, I think I would not enjoy this book that much since sci-fi is not my cup of tea. Thanks for your honest review! Congratulations on BOTD!
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

A sci-fi novel that follows the adventures of two friends whose troubles began when they were both arrested due to false charges. This seems interesting for all fans of the genre. Congrats on BOTD!
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 479
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your great review. It's nice that it had no errors, but I also like books where there is a lot of character development. I want to be inside the character's head and at least guess what might happen next. Since I don't choose science fiction books usually, I'm going to pass on this book and let those that enjoy that genre read it.
Gift Chidex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gift-chidex.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Gift Chidex »

Well, I believe there I a reason behind everything, though sometimes, the reason may be a bad one. I would love to read this book, to find out why Dixon would be behind his brother Brain's conspiracy
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

A space opera sounds like an interesting genre. It’s too bad the characters descriptions and some explanations fall flat. Thanks for your review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”