Review of No Longer Settling for Half of the Rainbow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Review of No Longer Settling for Half of the Rainbow

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Longer Settling for Half of the Rainbow" by Ryan J. Hulbert, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

No Longer Settling for Half the Rainbow by Ryan J. Hulbert, Ph.D., is an engrossing novel that will captivate any reader. The author uses the colors of the rainbow to measure heart temperature, mood, emotions, feelings, and thoughts in this book. He goes into detail to explain to readers that when our thoughts are narrow, we cannot see the big picture because we have blocked vision. He also states that those who make rash decisions make poor choices. The author refers to Albert Einstein's quote that "life is difficult," emphasizing that it is during difficult challenges that we truly discover ourselves and our potential. He continues by advising us to always try to understand our feelings in order to direct them toward having the correct thoughts and doing the right things. Do you want to know how these points are explained in detail? Get a copy to find out.

As I read this book, I pondered the author's mental state because he was able to depict human emotion almost exactly, including our moods, the hormonal and metabolic changes that affect us, and the warning signs of low mood. Despite our desire to concentrate on some previous events, we should constantly make an effort to live in the moment because that is where we can experience happiness, joy, and peace while ignoring the past. We typically find our strength in the most trying circumstances in life. I learned from this book that if everything goes according to plan, we won't be aware of our actual potential. This book made it abundantly evident that not all problems are terrible; some of them actually help us grow as individuals. However, how we approach these issues will ultimately affect the outcomes.

It is difficult for me to choose a favorite page in this book because every page offers the reader something new to learn. But I'll still say that the imagery and symbolism are my favorites. The representation of a concept through symbols or the underlying meanings of objects or qualities is defined as symbolism. This allows the reader to connect with real-life events. He compared life to music. For example, just as life has its ups and downs, so does music, which has high and low notes. The combination enhances their beauty. He also used rainbow colors to determine one's emotions and feelings.

Nothing about this book bothers me. It is quite inspiring and piques the readers' curiosity. I must say that when I first picked up this book, I didn't have high expectations, but as I turned the pages and read each chapter, the book's fascinating content drew me in. This book serves as a guide for identifying and comprehending our feelings, moods, emotions, and thoughts. People should read it because, if we learn to control our emotions, we can excel in every aspect of our lives.

I rate this book five out of five stars because it has broadened my perspective on how to deal with life's difficult challenges. I applaud the author for his inventiveness. I'll also thank the editor because the book is professionally edited, even though I discovered one error. This is a book I recommend to everyone, especially those who see life's challenges as evil. This book will help you see life's challenges in a new light.

No Longer Settling for Half of the Rainbow
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

It is very essential for us,to understand our feelings,so we can make the right decisions. Great review.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

The book cover and title are captivating, also the author's illustration which made the reader to connect to real life is something commendable. This book is a necessity as it entails several pieces of information. Fascinating review
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I enjoyed reading this review. I love the comparison the author used to illustrate his points. especially that of music. Great review!
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

This book teaches basic life lessons using the rainbow. Facing life challenges when life seems difficult will bring out the best out of us. I enjoyed reading your review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

Reading your summary gives me idea of mindset shift to expect from this book. Using rainbow as illustration is very very genuine and realistic.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Austin McMichael
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-austin-mcmichael.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Austin McMichael »

What do you think inspired the author to use the colors of the rainbow as a metaphor for measuring emotions and thoughts in the novel? How does this imagery add to the overall themes and messages of the book?
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

This book looks like the type that inspires someone to a greater height and I can not wait to add this one to my shelf. Nice review.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This author's idea of how various color represents our emotions is an interesting concept and I do agree with the quote by Albert Einstein, it is during difficult times that man's true potential is displayed.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

I absolutely loved how the reviewer summarized and analyzed the book. The storyline and plot of the book was captivating and I'm definitely looking forward to reading it in the future.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hartly Samsford »

I loved how the author used colors of the rainbow to measure heart temperature, mood, emotions, feelings and thoughts. It was so interesting to learn that when our thoughts are narrow, we cannot see the big picture and it's important to understand our feelings in order to direct them towards the right thoughts and do the right things.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

I'm so glad I read the review because it made me want to read the book even more. Ryan J. Hulbert, Ph.D. did an incredible job of using the colors of the rainbow to explain the complexities of human emotion.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

I loved this review. It was well written and I could really relate to the message the book was conveying. I think it's important to understand our feelings in order to make the right decisions, and this book really helped me to do that.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

I love how you said the author used the colors of the rainbow to measure heart temperature, mood, emotions, feelings, and thoughts in this book. It takes professional understanding to be able to do that. Nice review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love books about life, and I love rainbow! Based on your review, I must say, this book is a perfect fit for me. It will probably give me a new perception of life. Looks like the author has several pieces of wisdom implanted in this book, and I would like to be enlightened. Thanks for your outstanding review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”