Review of Find Your Freedom

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Review of Find Your Freedom

Post by abstactlemon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Find Your Freedom" by Jamie Hopkins.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Find Your Freedom by Jamie P. Hopkins and Ron Carson, as the title describes, is about discovering freedom. The book dives into different forms of this, but the most prominent one is financial freedom. It discusses retirement planning as well as how gaining this type of freedom can lead to you living the version of your life that you desire. It starts broad and then delves deeper into the topic, providing the reader with the tools to achieve their goals by analyzing themselves and their relationship with money.

I like the way that the authors take the complex topic of one’s finances and break it down into something that is much more accessible. This book isn’t so much about your taxes or your 401(k) as it is about learning the things that truly matter in life and cutting out the things that don’t. Instead of focusing on the intricacies of building something like a retirement plan, the authors teach you to define your goals and where exactly you want to be at that time, which is a brilliant angle that I don’t think I’ve seen elsewhere.

I enjoyed the "Five Key Takeaways" at the end of each chapter, which reemphasized the main points of that chapter. I know it will be an impactful tool for re-reading, which is something I plan to do. The "Five Reflection Questions," which also appear at the end of each chapter, force you to examine yourself and your relationship with money in the context of the chapter’s specific topic. I discovered some things about myself by genuinely asking these questions, which I found impressive and a testament to the expertise of the authors.

There were a few discouraging aspects, however. The errors weren’t egregious, but they were such simple mistakes and typos that I don’t have confidence in saying that the book was professionally edited. There was also the fact that it is mainly geared toward an American audience. I can’t really fault it for either of those issues, however, as they had little impact on the book as a whole. That being said, I rate this 5 out of 5 stars.

It was a fascinating and revealing read-through, and as I mentioned, I plan to pick it up again in the future. I believe it will be even more useful to go in with specific expectations. I recommend this to anyone looking to change their financial lifestyle. The value this book brings to the table is immeasurable, and the way the authors present their points will keep you engaged throughout the whole book.

Find Your Freedom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
it is what it is ....
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I enjoyed your review. It makes me interested in reading this book. I like that it author simplified the complex world of finances and presented it in easy to understand form. One can't move forward without the guide of a goal.
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Great review! Money is important to lead a comfortable life. However, it has become the only goal for many people. Hope the book also highlights that money should not be the purpose of life.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

I love your review for this book and i must admit that it is an interesting read. Would be nice to read this book someday ASAP. adding it to my bookshelf. Kudos
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

Find Your Freedom by Jamie P. Hopkins and Ron Carson dives into different forms of finding freedom. The most prominent one being financial freedom. This is informative!
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Planning for retirement early on is essential and getting as much information regarding this as possible can help you stay focused. Thanks for the review!
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

Your review is inviting. I enjoyed reading it. I like that it author simplified the complex world of finances and presented it in easy to understand form. Money is crucial in all the phases of one's life, transcending from generation to generation. I hope readers factor that.
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY JAMIE. P.HOPKINS AND RON CARSON THAT TALKS ABOUT FINANCIAL FREEDOM, RETIREMENT PLANNING...
A BOOK FOR THOSE LOOKING TO CHANGE THEIR FINANCIAL LIFESTYLE.
GOOD REVIEW
Jovana Vukojicic
Currently Reading: Requiem For A Queen
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovana-vukojicic.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Jovana Vukojicic »

Financial planning is not something I would choose to read but who knows it can be useful.
Love bite
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I enjoyed the book so far. I like that the author weaves personal stories on the topic of financial freedom. The author reminds us to define what truly financial success meant for us so our life for financial freedom will have direction. There's a lot more to learn from this amazing book. I would love to finish it. Congratulations to the authors on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
MacdonaldManana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macdonaldmanana.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by MacdonaldManana »

Perfect! Exactly what I had been looking for. I think everyone in the world should atleast know something about financial planning. Knowing what to do with your accumulated funds is simply the best way to leave your life. It seemed the book has questions that force you to review yourself. I find that pretty awesome as you will get off your comfort zone and think deep about your finances and life
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mois-s-alc-ntara-ayre.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Moisés Alcántara Ayre »

A book on financial freedom, which does not necessarily focus on taxes but rather on that things that really matter in life and on how to rid of things that are less important. The reflection questions and the key takeaways at the end of each chapter remind me of how excellent learning experiences are organized.
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mois-s-alc-ntara-ayre.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Moisés Alcántara Ayre »

ViviVivid wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 08:07 Great review! Money is important to lead a comfortable life. However, it has become the only goal for many people. Hope the book also highlights that money should not be the purpose of life.
Totally agree with you! Money cannot be everything one strives for in life.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Not being in debt and having enough to live on does make it easier. Congratulations on BOTD!
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

'Find Your Freedom' by Jamie P. Hopkins and Ron Carson breaks down financial freedom into accessible insights, helping redefine your relationship with money. With unique takeaways & reflective questions at the end of each chapter, it's a must-read for anyone seeking a financial lifestyle change. 💰💡 Congratulations on being BOTD!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”