Review of Relish Your Retirement

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Review of Relish Your Retirement

Post by Darlings O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Relish Your Retirement" by Florance Philip.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Relish Your Retirement is a book carefully written by Florance Philip. It was intentionally divided into eleven (11) chapters. Each chapter bears a central message to her prospective audience. The core message of the book stems from the name. It is a must-read for every soon-to-retire living person.

Florance gives a chronological story of our respective lives ranging from life as a toddler, teenager, and adult. She talks about the difficulties one encounters during our working years and the need to take an interest in other things after retirement. She explores the various activities one can engage in after retirement and subdivides them into different categories of skills and activities, emphasizing the great benefit that awaits a person that carefully indulges in the listed activities. She sums this into a totality of five hundred and one (501) activities that one can explore after retirement. She highlights fear and doubt as the most common challenges one can face during this process, but this shouldn’t serve as discouragement. The activities are detailed in this book.

There are so many things I like about this book. The intention behind the writing of this book is mind-blowing and highly commendable. The subdivision of the chapters was so intentional that it accommodates every person despite the category of your impediment. The wise quotes in between the chapters give a view that the activities suggested have been, over the years, tested and proven positive. The activities at the end of the chapters give an aura of reality check of our own life.

The book was written in simple sentences that afford a layman good understanding of the message intended. I learned new activities that I never knew existed. These include triathlon, geocaching, forest baths, ventriloquism, rustic camping, camel safari, falconry, and a lot of others. I will try doing these activities. I also enjoyed the caveat in some chapters that one must not engage in all the activities if the activities endanger their life. This part of the book was very thoughtful. I had a good read all through the chapters and will gladly read it again.

There is no negative aspect of this book. It was exceptionally edited, and the intended message was perfectly delivered.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. My reason is based on the fact that it covered all the possible activities one can engage in to relish retirement and the intention behind the writing and compiling of the book.

I will gladly recommend this book to adults who are close to retirement. This will enable them to plan accordingly. I will also recommend it to people who are already retired but have not found a sense of purpose. This reader will help direct their steps to engaging activities that will avail them of a healthy form of stress and excitement.

Relish Your Retirement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeanetta Delridge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanetta-delridge.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Jeanetta Delridge »

I can’t wait to try some of the activities mentioned when it becomes my time to retire. A lot of people wouldn’t even think of some of these. So if you’re retiring this will be good for you.
Dirk Jacobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dirk-jacobs.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Dirk Jacobs »

Nice review which has me thinking of the importance of properly preparing for retirement so that I can be financially stable in case something like covid-19 was to happen again, and this review makes me want to read this book.
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

A lot of things go on in our lives and no matter what we should make time out to plan to relish our retirement. I always find books like this helpful and would love to read it. As an adult close to retirement, books such as this help a lot and I would read it. thank you.
Michael Valentine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

I love the fact that this book was written in simple sentences. I can understand them without having to check my dictionary. Thank you for this review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”