Review of Hey, Is That Your Bike

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Hey, Is That Your Bike

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hey, Is That Your Bike" by Robert Cress.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The tales of our lives are different, and life hits us in different ways. There are times of pain, fear, success, big and small wins, losses, and victories. All these are termed "good days" and "bad days." Reflecting on these moments brings back memories that we wouldn't want to enjoy alone, but with close friends and relatives. But, some stories shouldn't just be shared with those around us, but also with people far and near through writing them in a book. This story might be just what they need to take that step or find hope to move on again. Hey, Is That Your Bike by Robert Cress is one of those stories too precious to be known by a small audience.

Robert Cress tells the story of his trip across the USA on a bike in this book. The idea to travel across the USA was inspired by a friend when he was 22 years old. He kept that dream on hold for 49 years and eventually achieved it when he was 71 years old. Just before he embarked on this journey, he and his wife were involved in a ghastly bike accident that almost made him bedridden. Determined to fulfill the only thing he might regret not doing before his death, he bought a new bike, packed his bag, and was ready to hit the road. Find out in this book what his journey was like and if he fulfilled his dream of travelling across the USA.

There is no better place to learn about how life works than from an elderly person who has seen it all in his lifetime. Robert is an old man whose experience in life is worth learning from and whose advice should be followed. I had a great time reading this book. I like the author's writing style and how well the story flowed. It wouldn't have been a good thing if the author hadn't put this story into writing. This book is challenging and inspiring. If a 71-year-old man can still chase a dream that was on hold for 49 years, there shouldn't be anything stopping me as a youth from going for anything I desire. I like how the author incorporated his life journey into the story. For every place he passed that he had a history with, there is always a story to tell about it, and I enjoyed reading the story.

The author did well in writing the date of his travel and putting images of himself on his bike during the journey. These pictures add to what the author wrote. I like the relationship between the author and his wife. Their marriage is a union of love, not of two housemates. I like how they both loved themselves and stuck by each other during the trip, though they were miles apart. I connected well with the story because of the truth behind every word the author said. I consider the author lucky to have survived that terrific crash and still fit enough to be on the bike for three weeks. I can only imagine what being on a bike for that long could be like.

The words in this book are immeasurable treasures, and there is nothing to dislike about them. I learned a lot while reading this book and appreciated the brevity of life more. I felt bad when I read about the health condition of the author's friend who inspired his dream. A business tycoon in his youthful days does is now bedridden and waiting for the day to take his last breath. "What is life indeed?" It is always good to leave a good impression on anyone you meet and live the moment well because they become your story. How you spend this moment will determine if you remember the "good old days" with joy or regret.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I would have given it a perfect rating, but I found more than ten errors in it. These errors didn't interfere with my reading as they are typo errors, but for a book that holds a lot of memories and life lessons, the book should be edited again by an experienced editor.

I recommend this book to young adults, adults, bike lovers, lovers of adventure, and anyone who is tired and wants to end it all. This book will inspire you not to give up but to keep trying and living in the moment.

Hey, Is That Your Bike
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shivam96
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shivam96 »

I rate this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. I would have given it a perfect rating, but I found more than ten errors in it. These errors didn't interfere with my reading as they are type errors, but for a book that holds a lot of memories and life lessons, the book should be edited again by an experienced editor.

I recommend this book to young adults, adults, bike lovers, lovers of adventure, and anyone who is tired and wants to end it all. This book will inspire you not to give up but to keep trying and living in the moment.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Wow traveling to the USA with a bike, I will like to know how Robert did it. This sounds like an interesting book thhat I would love to read. Thanks for the great review.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

Robert Cress's story is inspiring and motivating as well, regardless of his age, he still achieved his life dream. I like your review, good work.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

This book is wonderful, reading about a 71-year-old folk fulfilling his childhood dream. This is indeed mysterious, and inspiring and helps one to see life differently. Good presentation of the review.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

This book is filled with inspiration and great experience, I believe as a young person, reading a story like this will help learn a lot of life lessons on achieving ones goal. Thanks for this motivating review.
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

You did a nice job analyzing this book. It is inspiring to read how an old man picked up on a dream kept on hold for 49 years. This shows that even age is not a barrier to achieving one's ambition once the will to succeed is there. I look forward to reading about his bike adventure across the United States.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I agree with you, the challenges of life are different. Life treats people differently. The author was able to detail what we need to do to enjoy life. I love this book. Your review is superb. Keep it up.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

Robert cress did well by holding on to his dreams for 49 years .not everyone will be able to do that. you did well in analyzing your review, you made the book sound more interesting.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

I love the idea of biking around one's country, seeing new sites and getting new experiences. I agree with you, there are a lot of things to learn from and old man. Great review!
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

There's alot to be learn't from every books journey and i see this book moving in the same direction and this process is thrilling and entertaining. I look forward to reading this book.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

There is an adage by Mark Twain that goes "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you
didn’t do than by the ones you did do. Explore. Dream. Discover." If you have a dream, chase that dream just so you wouldn't spend your days in regret. This is an informative review and that's nice.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

As a bike lover, this book sounds inspiring to me. I just love to ride my bike and enjoy nature. Robert makes me hopeful to achieve my dream to come to reality. This book proved that age doesn't hinder what is your dream. As a young woman, I still have a big chance to reach my desires in life. And I am happy for Robert, coz he achieved his childhood dream. Great review!
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Interesting!!! I for one don't think I will continue with the plan of traveling across the country after I had that accident. I am not a bike rider but I appreciate the author's spirit and how he wrote the book. I enjoyed reading your review too. Well done!!!
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

It's true. The story of our life are different and we face different challenges of life. I love this book by the analysis of your review. It sounds interesting. Good job.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”