Review of Winter Haven: Bobcat in the Trees

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Review of Winter Haven: Bobcat in the Trees

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Winter Haven: Bobcat in the Trees" by Charlie Avera / Pam Shanahan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Detective Brad Sanders got a challenging Christmas mystery crime in Winter Haven, which rarely happens compared to his previous job in Philadelphia. He is solving the case of Russel Anderson's death with John Lambert. Russel Anderson never made it down the hill after his son Mike and Chris (his son's new friend) challenged him to ski from the top of Bobcat. The next day, Russel was found dead and in bad shape. He slammed into a tree, but the autopsy reported that he died with a broken neck. Did someone murder Russel? Russel Anderson was the Vice President of Plant Operations for Bixby Manufacturing and was solving the problem of deteriorating sales. He was linked to a woman. Is this woman the reason for his death? 

Winter Haven: Bobcat in the Trees is a beautiful masterpiece by Charlie Avera and Pam Shanahan. This is a story of love, kindness, and forgiveness triumphing over pride, strong-willed behavior, heartaches, and betrayal. The authors weave thrilling scenarios of family drama that mostly took place in Winter Haven during the Andersons' Christmas vacation. It's written in a fast-paced mode with only a few errors, which reflects that this book has been professionally edited. Though there are a few profane words, they're not exhausted. 

Let's talk about the place, the characters, and their personalities, which I like the most. Firstly, every place mentioned in this book is well-detailed in a simple manner by describing things like the heavy snow, the characters' houses, and especially Winter Haven. Secondly, the characters are easy to follow in every twist in the flow of events. In every scenario, the characters are mostly in pairs, either in good times or in trouble. To make the characters more exciting, the authors are highlighting the mystery man. Lastly, each character had a unique type of behavior that reflects our world today. 

I least like the monotone description of some scenes, though it helps the readers understand the plot. I'm still awarding this excellent novel 5 out of 5 stars. Why? I'm able to feel the coldness of the snow through its vivid description, though I'm still longing to experience watching a snowflake. The novel exposes that being on top (like a company president) doesn't guarantee a perfect life beyond your extravagant income. Moreover, the story has a simple lesson about how posting your whereabouts online creates problems later. In terms of being husband and wife, readers will appreciate whose couple is the happiest in their choice of living.

I recommend this book to those who like detective and mystery novels during the holidays. Anybody who knows about snowboarding or skiing can relate to the topic of this book. Lastly, the Winter Haven series has a book that is going to be released in 2023, entitled Winter Haven: Later Secrets.

Winter Haven: Bobcat in the Trees
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Wren Michaels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wren-michaels.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Wren Michaels »

This novel sounds as though it is well written and the author has managed to create captivating characters. Great review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Lots of description makes a book very high on my list to read. I am also fascinated by mysteries. I always feel as if I would be good at solving them, but it turns out that I miss a lot of clues.
Muswikeli Madzivha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Muswikeli Madzivha »

This book is amazing to real about ,it simple relate at how by the time it is December in this life we living nowerdays there is lot of crime. I think someone killed him for real ,how can someone brake his neck it simple show that someone did that to him.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

I'm curious as to what might have happened to Russell and the difficulties the cops must have encountered before identifying the murderer.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I never did snowboarding or skiing but a mystery with great descriptions of the settings and twists seems interesting to me. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”