Review of The Story Of Striker Valance

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of The Story Of Striker Valance

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Story Of Striker Valance" by Randy Kehrli.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

THE STORY OF STRIKER VALANCE: The Legendary U.S. Department of Justice Organized Crime Strike Force Comes to Life is a captivating book by Randy Kehrli that elucidates the life of a Federal Prosecutor and his provocations in fighting crime.

Jaime Valance's life commenced as a little boy who had just turned 7. He was happy, but that did not stop him from feeding and milking the cows. His parents were not on good terms with one another, but Jamie thought he could fix it. Unfortunately, one early morning, his mum woke him up with his sister and told them she would take them somewhere. On getting to the place, she broke the news that she and her husband were separating. Jaime was sad because he would miss his friends, cousins, grandparents, dad, and animals he grew up with. When he couldn't bear it any longer, he decided to escape with the help of his dad. After high school, he got a scholarship to Iowa State University and decided to take pre-vet as his major but later changed to pre-law because of a particular incident. What was the reason behind the change?

THE STORY OF STRIKER VALANCE: The Legendary U.S. Department of Justice Organized Crime Strike Force Comes to Life is an engaging book concentrated on Jaime's life from being a 7-year-old boy to being a federal prosecutor. It portrays Jaime's life in an outlandish way, making the reader picture each event and trial. It focused on cases that Valance and his teammates settled after many investigations were done. The dialogues used in the book rendered the book more conversational to fit into the themes. The book includes descriptions of characters and locations and mostly focuses on the main character. The novel unravels the weakness and strengths of the characters and their life challenges as it entices the reader into the world of Federal Prosecutors and Agents.

Reading thoroughly through the book resulted in some lovable aspects which I came across. The book is divided into three parts, which makes it very understandable. At some points, it was also humorous, as we remember when one Smoky Jesus disguised as a madman interrupted an ongoing trial. He was brought in, warned, and detained for some hours. That part undeniably got me cracking up. In the observative description of each character, the author is full of knowledge, warmth, and naturalness, as he tends to focus on both the positive and negative sides in relation to their deeds. The American slang made the book sound more genuine and easier to understand.

I didn't find any negative issues in the book at any point. I would rate this intriguing novel 4 out of 4 stars, as it was professionally edited. Even the grammatical errors I found were not a hindrance while reading.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in reading books related to criminal investigations and cases. The suspense would be appropriate for those who appreciate it.

The Story Of Striker Valance
View: on Bookshelves
Lay-cee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lay-cee.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Lay-cee »

This sounds like a pretty nice book and I like that it mentions Jamie's life from age seven, I like that the dialogues used in the book rendered the book more conversational to fit into the themes, nice one
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

Fighting crime as a federal prosecutor especially does not sound like an easy every day job that one could do. It would have been difficult and I can imagine how so for Jaime and his sister to discover that their parents were separating. nevertheless, I will love to read this book.

Return to “Historical Fiction”