Review of Moon Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of Moon Life

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Moon Life" by Marlene Fabian-Stiles & Hank Fabian.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Moon Life by Marlene Fabian-Stiles and Hank Fabian is a science fiction situated in the year 2051. The book tells the story of Dr. Charlie D. Adamson, an astrobiologist, who has been selected, alongside his professional rival, Dr. Richard Hewitt, to go to Europa, the ice moon of Jupiter, in search of extraterrestrial life. This journey is first opposed by a religious sect that believes life only exists on Earth. Charlie goes to Europa with his pilot, Ming Yue Yee, an offspring of one of the heads of the religious sect that does not believe in life outside Earth. She attempts to frustrate his search, and this puts all their lives and career in danger. What had started as an amalgamation of different selfish interests will soon end up as a desperate struggle for survival. Charlie, who basked in the euphoria of the fame he would get if he discovered life in the oceans of Europa, now hopes he goes back to Earth to at least live a normal life.

Meanwhile, Bikman, the traditional ruler of Ngala, has been informed by the spirits of his ancestors that Charlie will save his people from their enemies when he goes to the moon and returns. Will Charlie be able to fulfill this prophecy before the destructive forces in Europa consume him?

Moon Life presents a contrast between religious extremism and advanced science. On the one hand, we have the defenders of the creation story, and on the other hand, we have those who believe there can be living organisms on other planets aside from Earth. Which side is correct?

There are several positive aspects of the book. First, the language of the book is very simple to understand. The authors had ensured that even readers with little or no knowledge of biology and technology would have no difficulty understanding the book. Also, the book is a product of in-depth research. It is not surprising that Hank Fabian is a biology professor with a background in genetics. Third, the storyline is mind-blowing, prepared specially with intrigue and suspense. Every reader would want to know how help would get to Charlie and his pilot after their ship was crushed and their beacon could not get a strong signal. Lastly, the twists in the book are beyond this planet. Just in the middle of the book, Charlie, the protagonist, and Ming Yue disappear mysteriously in Europa, without any hope of even their body being found.

If there are any negative aspects of the book, it will be limited to one minor one. I find it ridiculous that in the year 2051, there will still be a primitive village like Ngala existing; even if such will exist, it won't be in the manner portrayed by the author. I think this is in contrast to what would be expected of such a time.

Of course, I will give the book 4 out of 4 stars. I wish I could give the book higher than that. This is because first, there were only a few errors in the book, evidencing that it was professionally edited. Another reason is the positives highlighted above. The third is the manner the authors had used in describing the story and, most importantly, because of the unique plot. I recommend this book to all lovers of science fiction and astrobiology.

Moon Life
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I like to think that there is life in other places. I don’t think that is against creation. If God created life on Earth why couldn’t He do it elsewhere also?
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

Some people have different views over things, while some believe there is life after Earth, others believe there is not. The character of Charlie is an interesting and inspiring one. Thanks for an amazing review.
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

This book is educating and trilling at Same time. I love how it's possible that an individual can travel to the moon
Mahwish Asgher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahwish-asgher.html
Latest Review: Orcas Forever by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Mahwish Asgher »

The plot seems quite intriguing and I am interested to know what happened to Charlie. Life outside earth is a much sought area of science but I think it is quite impossible from a little knowledge of science. Earth seems to have perfect balance for the life.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm always curious about a science fiction work concerning Europa, as it's one of the main candidates in the search for extraterrestrial life. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Winter44
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winter44.html
Latest Review: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1) by Alex Zadeh

Post by Winter44 »

Thank you for the review, it was helpful and genuinely made me curious about the book! I would appreciate any advice regarding writing reviews.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”