Review of Social Media Marketing Strategy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Review of Social Media Marketing Strategy

Post by Emily_Jen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Social Media Marketing Strategy" by S. M. H. Gibson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Social Media Marketing Strategy, S. M. H. Gibson talks about the most important aspects of creating successful and compelling social media marketing strategies. The book reveals what readers need to know about the growth phase of their business, how to nurture their audiences, as well as how to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of social media platforms. Readers would learn about the tools they would need to achieve a great social media marketing strategy, as well as how they could navigate the intricacies of what social media will become.

The author starts by explaining the steps to finding and reaching the right audience regarding the type of brand and the industry in which readers are engaged. We then see how we can choose the best platform for our business. S. M. H. Gibson then goes through what a "social media mindset" means for companies, as well as the steps to take to become successful in the space. The concept of creating your content strategy is then explained in detail, after which the author explains other concepts like how to conduct a competitor's analysis and social media branding, amongst others.

I like how the writer dissected each aspect of the subject in a way that everyone would understand, regardless of their English proficiency. As a result, readers would easily understand the concept of social media marketing strategy. Also, the colorful illustrations and flowcharts the author included at the beginning of each chapter were refreshing to see. They often prepared me for the information the author was about to share throughout that chapter. Additionally, the glossary that is included after the last chapter would help readers understand several words and acronyms that they may have found confusing while reading. The references the author included also give the information a bit of credibility, and readers that want to learn more have sources where they can obtain additional information.

Furthermore, I appreciate the conclusion chapter the author includes at the end of the book. The conclusion chapter summarizes all that is taught throughout the book, highlighting the crucial points. I found this important because the book contains a lot of information, so it is nice to see a chapter dedicated to the most important points, which makes it easier to focus on them. The only negative point about this edition is the poor editing. I found more than ten errors throughout the text, so I can say that this book isn’t professionally edited and needs another round of proofreading.

My rating for this book is 3 out of 4 stars. The one-star deduction is a result of the editing problems I encountered throughout the text. I didn’t score the book any less because I think the information it contains can be helpful for the recommended audience. This publication would appeal to individuals that want to learn how they can come up with a strategy to boost their sales through social media.

Social Media Marketing Strategy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Erickson moonze
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Erickson moonze »

It is so good and it has good ideas for those who are doing business
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

This is timely especially when social media is the order of the day.

It's important for an individual to leverage on social media to increase brand visibility.
Mahwish Asgher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahwish-asgher.html
Latest Review: Orcas Forever by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Mahwish Asgher »

Really comprehensive and helpful review to learn about the worth of the book. Social media marketing is a hot topic these days and I can this book could be quite helpful to learn tactics and strategies to increase their social media marketing awareness.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

This seems to be a great read. I would like to learn these strategies. With advancements in technology, this my help a lot. Nice review.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

I need this book in my life 😭😭 Added to my bookshelf. Thank you for the amazing review
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

This review indicates that this book on boosting sales through social media is put together in an organized fashion. This enables the reader to assimilate, understand, and review all of the pertinent information. The author would do well to correct the editing errors to give their book the highest rating. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”