Review of The Happiness Triangle

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of The Happiness Triangle

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Happiness Triangle" by Erasmus Cromwell-Smith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poetry is more than a group of words beautifully strung together. In The Happiness Triangle, poetry is used as an inspirational telescope to gaze at the wonderful universe of life.

Professor Cromwell was known to be "insanely awesome". Realizing that his time on Earth could be cut short, he decided to live each day like his last and reveal a part of himself in each of his classes. Every chapter tells a beautiful story of his past. In addition, there are incredible verses and short stories to follow each chapter. Life lessons can be learned from every chapter, as each chapter substantially deals with an important topic. This book was written by Erasmus Cromwell-Smith, and it is the story of his father.

Before the chapters began, I was inspired. Firstly, the decision of Professor Cromwell to make his days memorable was motivating. We choose how we react to bad situations. Secondly, the author, Erasmus Cromwell-Smith II, has gone out of his way to look for his father's writings from his students and put together this work to honor him. I found this heartwarming. The style of this book is incredible. The words are not only beautifully strung together, but they have so much depth. I found myself reading the verses over again because there was a new meaning to be understood each time I read it again.

My favorite parts of this book are the lessons I learned. It was more captivating for me because the lessons were entertaining. It was amazing how the author used very basic instances to explain life issues. One of such verses was when he talked about the song in the rain. When it rains, there's a limit to what can be heard. However, if you can hear music through the sound of rain, then you are capable of overcoming a lot and enjoying things in the direst of circumstances. This was a very basic but inspiring analogy. I also enjoyed the verse on self-reliance. Many people confuse this concept with being selfish. However, it was made clear that out of love, you can put others first. But when it comes to dependence, you depend on no one else but yourself.

In addition, there was a painful story of love with an amazing ending, which I never saw coming. I liked that I learned lessons, experienced beautiful wordplay, and read a complete story. There was absolutely nothing to dislike about this book. I came across only a few errors, so I believe this book was professionally edited. Of course, my rating is 4 out of 4 stars. The description of this book proved to be true by terming this a magical book.

I recommend this book to deep thinkers, as they will be able to appreciate the perfection of this book. If you like poetry and spoken words, this is for you. In addition, if you want to learn some life lessons, including the happiness formula, you should read this book.

The Happiness Triangle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I am not a huge fan of poetry or short stories so I don't think this book would be for me. I'm glad you enjoyed it though. Great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”