Review of Undercover Elf

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Review of Undercover Elf

Post by Verna Coy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Undercover Elf" by Cydnee Brady.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Undercover Elf by Cydnee Brady is a fun and imaginative children's book. It is written from the point of view of a child, and it focuses on one of the secrets of Christmas. When a mom is discovered to be an undercover elf working for Santa Claus, the child telling the story is excited and amazed. Will the secret be out? What other discoveries are in store for Christmas? You'll have to read this book to find out!

The cover art in this book is lovely. The colors are vibrant, and the handmade drawings lend a creative aspect to the story that suits the narrative well. The details included in the illustrations make reading this book a fun experience. Kids will enjoy looking at the detailed pictures throughout the book. The characters' facial expressions were happy and helped with the character development as the story progressed.

One of the things I love most about this book is how it enumerates all the great things a mom does for her family. Moms are amazing! Moms clean house, cook meals, and take care of their families. On top of these incredible skills, some moms also have jobs. This story honors the talents of a mom.

What I liked best about this story was the bright and creative storyline. For instance, the narrative instructs young readers how to tell a North Pole elf from an undercover elf. For discerning children, these details matter. Of course, I cannot reveal those secrets here.

This is an exceptionally well-edited book. I found no errors, and I can find nothing negative to say about it. For these reasons, it has achieved a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It will appeal most to readers who enjoy adorable Christmas stories about elves. I recommend it to parents with young children. Although it mentions Christmas, it does not religiously push Christmas, so it is suited to readers of any religion or no religion at all.

Undercover Elf
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

This book is not only entertaining but educative as well. I will surely want to to learn how to discern the North Pole elf from an undercover elf too.
Great review.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

The title alone is entertaining. I love a good Christmas story. Thanks for the review.
it is what it is ....
Nnekazoe
Currently Reading: Self-Help Sucks!
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnekazoe.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nnekazoe »

The book is fun to read to children making their imagination educative. I like the colours and writings of the book cover.

Return to “Children's Books”