Review of Stupid Divorce

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
June Moon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-june-moon.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of Stupid Divorce

Post by June Moon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stupid Divorce" by Vincent Fudge II.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Relationships are the most beautiful and intricate things that we build in our lives. Marriage is a pure union and a promise to be together forever. Life partners make vows and try to fulfill them through their marriage. However, things change, and efforts to fulfill these vows get minimal. The partners get stuck in an unhappy marriage and resort to divorce to get out of this pain. Stupid Divorce by Vincent Fudge II focuses on different aspects of a divorce and its impact on various factors of one’s life.

The book is a discussion on divorce and its different consequences. Edward and his wife Ebony were going through a very tumultuous relationship, but they still got married. This led to a very toxic marriage where they both were abusive, disrespectful, and inconsiderate to each other. Edward, not being able to give up, followed a methodology of SMART Love to decide whether Ebony and he were right for each other or not. Sadly, they were not at all compatible. Here’s when Edward came up with the description of divorce as STUPID and recognised the process of it to be selfish, time-consuming, unnerving, painful, inconsiderate, and debt-inducing. The book goes through many legal proceedings and discovery of the fundamental issues that cause a marriage to break apart beyond repair.

I really liked the book. The author bared his soul and was completely transparent about his failed marriage. I appreciate how he separately gave the actual conversations in some chapters. The conversations acted as a gateway to go through both sides. A very important issue he highlighted was how it’s not someone else’s responsibility to fix you until you do so yourself. Humans are insecure beings who deal with a wide range of negative emotions. An unhappy partner cannot bring happiness in marriage. The author laid out this harsh truth properly. He accepted his shortcomings and inability to put their marriage above his own ego. It was remarkable to witness this level of honesty and act of taking responsibility.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. Edward’s story teaches us that when two people take individual journeys to grow while being in a relationship, it won’t always end up with them being together. It shows that people sometimes outgrow the relationship they are in. It made us realize the reality that a divorce can cripple a person. It can put them into a spiral of negativity from where it’s so hard to come back. It can be easy for one person to move on and completely impossible for the other.

I rate this book four out of four stars. The author points out to find the swiftest and smoothest way to dissolve a marriage, to not indulge in self-destructive behavior, and to accept every outcome in order to finally move on. The silver lining to focus on is that no matter how bad it is, it always ends. The book is professionally edited.

I recommend this book to anyone who is going through a divorce. I’m sure that one can relate to over one aspect of this book. You will feel emotionally related to the author. One gets to know the basic procedure of a divorce and what it takes to go through it.

Stupid Divorce
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

Seems like a delightful read. I especially love the summary of the book. This is definitely my preferred genre. Can't wait to read and review it. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

stupid divorce seems to be a very intriguing kind of book . The review is very nicely written this is well understood by the author and presented very beautifully in the book
:tiphat:
June Moon
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by June Moon »

honeybear_11001 wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 08:12 Seems like a delightful read. I especially love the summary of the book. This is definitely my preferred genre. Can't wait to read and review it. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Glad you liked it, please do check the book out too!
June Moon
Currently Reading:

Post by June Moon »

Humera955 wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 08:24 stupid divorce seems to be a very intriguing kind of book . The review is very nicely written this is well understood by the author and presented very beautifully in the book
Thank you so much!
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

I read this book and I liked how Edward accepted all the results of his marriage. Great review.
Tamak+30
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tamak+30 »

The author and writer clearly show they understood the act of marriage and the review is very interesting by the writer.
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

I loved your analysis in the first paragraph. I think it captured the reality of divorce—the subject of the book—well enough.
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

I absolutely agree, I also felt emotionally invested in this book as he really bared his soul writing this!
June Moon
Currently Reading:

Post by June Moon »

Shifah HN wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 06:26 I read this book and I liked how Edward accepted all the results of his marriage. Great review.
Thank you!
June Moon
Currently Reading:

Post by June Moon »

Tamak+30 wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 06:46 The author and writer clearly show they understood the act of marriage and the review is very interesting by the writer.
Thanks a lot!
June Moon
Currently Reading:

Post by June Moon »

Chinonso Onwurah wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 01:20 I loved your analysis in the first paragraph. I think it captured the reality of divorce—the subject of the book—well enough.
Thank you for your kind words!
June Moon
Currently Reading:

Post by June Moon »

Jen Nghishitende wrote: 25 Jun 2022, 01:16 I absolutely agree, I also felt emotionally invested in this book as he really bared his soul writing this!
He truly did, really appreciate him for it.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Great review! It's hard to be open and honest with the readers about matters so personal. Kudos to the author.
Thank you for the positive review!
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

This seems like a very emotional and personal book that is well written and interesting to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”