Review of Destination Fierce: Moving from Fear to Fierce

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Destination Fierce: Moving from Fear to Fierce

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Destination Fierce: Moving from Fear to Fierce" by Cathy Joy Hill.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book talks about how we can transform our fear into fierce, and the Bible and God are at the center of it. Cathy Joy details the meanings of each letter of the word fierce. F stands for foundation, and R represents rejoice. C stands for calling. Grab a copy to read about the rest of the letters.

There are different types of fears. For instance, one positive type is the fear of God. The foundation of anything matters a lot. The upbringing of a child is similar. The moral values we instill in them matter a lot. The author says she is appreciative of being raised per the church standards. Those who are in the church need to know their calling. Fierce is not just a word. Instead, it weaves numerous components to be whole.

I loved how the author incorporated lessons with her family's stories about suffering. Her mother suffered from bipolar. Still, she cherished her. Also, her children have undergone several surgeries. I enjoyed Cathy’s family history. I chuckled at the light moments while the sad ones evoked sadness in me. Falling ill and not getting a job because of an underlying health issue is not funny.

The author included a few stories about her experiences with the church and how being close to God was a life changer. One thing I absorbed was the similarity between fear and fierceness. They are both powerful. They can either be a positive power or a negative one. A classic example of fear is Eve’s unfortunate incident of disobedience in the Garden of Eden. Once she ate the forbidden fruit and was suddenly naked, she was filled with fear and had to hide her nudity.

I did not identify a single error. Therefore, I have to applaud the author for the professional editing. Cathy nudges us to communicate with God because He is a good listener. She says, “Open yourself up to Him. He is present in His word. He is present through the Holy Spirit, and He will testify to your passion through the testimony of brothers and sisters in Christ.”

Since I did not note a thing to dislike, I award Destination Fierce: Moving from Fear to Fierce by Cathy Joy Hill 4 out of 4 stars. More than anything, I enjoyed how she brought things to light in unimaginable ways. There were small details with profound meanings. I recommend the book to anyone who would love to change their mentality and turn their fear into fierce.

Destination Fierce: Moving from Fear to Fierce
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Zeph Dim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeph-dim.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Zeph Dim »

From your review, I guess that this would be a good book to read.
No doubt making God the foundation of our lives and all we do strengthens us. Then we are in a position to turn fears into fierce.
With all that is happening around us, we need that which only God can give. I look forward to reading this book.
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

I experience fear sometimes. I believe this book will assist me to a reasonable extent. Thanks for the great review.
Gift Mazibuko
Favorite Author: Victoria Christopher Murray
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven!
Bookshelf Size: 18
fav_author_id: 27573

Post by Gift Mazibuko »

Great book for a person who is struggling with fear because it does not only teaches you about different types of fear or how to overcome fear through God but you learn to be an overcomer and understand who you are in Christ as a child of God and live fierce life.
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

Great review. I would have preferred you told us the meaning of each letter of Fierce as contained in the book.
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

This is a book that teaches people how to transform their fear into fierce. The author narrates her family's suffering story for people to learn from, and make people know how being close to God is a life changer. I am glad you enjoy reading this book. Thanks for the great review.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

Thanks for this wonderful review. I hope I can trade my tear for fierceness.
Cornelia Absolon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cornelia-absolon.html
Latest Review: The Intense Reality of Eternity by John Carpenter

Post by Cornelia Absolon »

Destination fierce: moving from fear to fierce by Cathy Joy Hill-
Interesting title for the book- Fear is the opposite of love and through love, one can conquer all types of fear.
TrulyLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trulylady.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by TrulyLady »

Your review was so fantastic that it’s now on my to read list. You spoke with so much positivity that I clearly get the book. You express your thoughts with such gratitude. Yea God is above all and with him we are nothing. Love your review and wording.
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

Your review shows all situations can be managed. Even fear can be turned positively to fierceness - that's an optimistic mindset.
But I am confused by the detail "Her mother suffered from Bipolar", it appears incomplete.
Perhaps you can clarify.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

I love the book as a Christian. I would surely read this one. Kudos to the reviewer for this very concise review. Great book.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

I will enjoy reading this Christian book. Walking with God is a game changer indeed. Thanks for the informative review.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”