Review of I Don't Believe In Humans

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of I Don't Believe In Humans

Post by Ibunyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I Don't Believe In Humans" by Carolina Holland.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Carolina Holland must have taken a lot of time to depict the narration of her book, I Don't Believe In Humans. Kelly lived on Planet Unihorn and had seen almost everything on her planet. However, the existence of humans was a concept she hadn't examined. Furthermore, Kelly didn't believe humans existed. Eventually, she decided to enquire from her friends about human existence. Surprisingly, all her friends believed humans existed. However, their descriptions of humans were distorted and varied from one friend to the other. Finally, Ziggy, Kelly's alien friend, offered to take Kelly on a spaceship to Earth. She eventually saw humans and the differences in their appearance contrary to her friends' descriptions.

Carolina developed many themes in this book, with friendship and adventure being the main ones explored. A reader can finish this book in one sitting since it's a short book. In addition, the images are clear and help cement the author's text. The author develops the character of Kelly throughout the book. The book challenges the reader not to believe a concept without ascertaining its existence. For example, Kelly didn't trust any of her friends until she saw humans up close on Earth.

The author did an excellent job of writing such a straightforward text. Unlike many books, this title directly reflects the author's narration. By posting related questions on the last pages, the author affirms the narration's purpose to the reader.

The only dislike I would point out is the length of the book. However, this doesn't remove the fact that the book was complete. The story was interesting even to adults. I would have loved to continue reading this book or another sequel. What happened after Kelly's curiosity was cured by seeing humans? Since I didn't encounter any errors, I can candidly confirm the book was exceptionally well-edited.

I Don't Believe In Humans deserves a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The book is void of errors, and the presentation of the text is authentic. Kids from any age bracket would enjoy seeing every page in this book. I would encourage every parent to get their children a copy of I Don't Believe In Humans.

I Don't Believe In Humans
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Judyread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyread.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Judyread »

I can't wait to gift this book to my cousins. It seems like a book every child would enjoy reading. Thanks for the detailed review you wrote.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

Interesting book. I haven't read a book about aliens in a long time, so this would be a nice book to start with. I can't wait to share it with my younger siblings too.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

I am not one to read children books myself unless I am reading it to my children. This is something I will have to keep in mind for the future for my daughter. Great review.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

It's like how humans don't believe in unicorns but the situation is reversed here. Unihorn is a great name and I think Unicorn orignally must have been Unihorn. Great review!
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Judy46
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I love children's book, I enjoy reading them to my nephew. From your review, I think we would love to add this to our reading collection.
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

This book's cover page is appealing and satisfying, I'm glad the content is good too. Thanks for the detailed review.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

When I saw the title of the book, I smiled. I must read this book
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

Seems like a delightful read. I especially love the summary of the book. This is definitely my preferred genre. Can't wait to read and review it. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This book teaches about forming opinions. There will be different opinions from different people about a particular issue. However, we shouldn't take side until we experience it ourselves. It is a beautiful lesson that will aid our social relationships.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

I like that the book will first of all teach kids how important friendship is. It's not only about fun and colourful pictures. Thanks for an honest review.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

Great review but looking at the book cover and the transparency of your review I can tell this is a fable. I am not a fan of fables, I don't find them worth my time but your review on the book is perfectly well done.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

This book's cover is really amazing. I think children will also love this book. Wonderful review.
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

I am probably not this book's target audience, but I would not mind trying out the book since it seems appealing to me.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Story of the Alliens, short but complete. I look forward to reading. Great review

Return to “Children's Books”