Review of Break up with him now

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Break up with him now

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Break up with him now" by Lena Lubinka.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka is an excruciating read about a lady looking for love. She suffers from a lack of affection from her father as a child. As an adult, she is disappointed with her lovers. All the protagonist ever desired was to be loved by a man. Nevertheless, all she got was chaos, humiliation, anger, frustrations, etc. Spouses should make each other’s life easier and full of love. In our case, the protagonist carries emotional and physical trauma from the years of being in loveless relationships. Could she not get a mister right once and for all?

More than a decade passes while she expects her man to better himself. She clings on to the last glimmer of hope. She has invested too much effort to walk away. Things do not get better. She shares her relationship trepidations with her friends. It is then she realizes she is in a vantage position than them. Will the protagonist gather courage and walk away to start life afresh?

I enjoyed that the author did not use names; instead, Lena employed pronouns. It was either "she or he." Hence, anyone going through the same relationship issues can relate to either. I loved that real-life situations are cited in the story. Anyone can go through what the protagonist did, and the faster you move on from toxic spouses, the better it is for your mental health, kids, physical body, etc.

I disliked it when the author talked about the universe, planets, and science. That segment was overwhelming and complex to understand. When excerpts about issues other than relationships came up, the book became slow-paced. And while I know this work is not a thriller or action-packed, I would have preferred to stick with the love issues between the protagonist and her looser lover.

The book is professionally edited, given that I came across very few grammatical errors. Love, relationships, and marriages are good things, but only when the affections are reciprocated. Some inhumane acts left me wondering how cruel some people can become. Yelling and unhygienic nature is one thing. However, kicking dogs and being physical with your lover over food issues is unfathomable!

I award the book 4 out of 4 stars for being open-minded and facing real-life relationship matters head-on. For anyone in a worthless relationship, I recommend this book to you. You can redefine yourself because you matter!

Break up with him now
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

When will parents realize that their actions towards their own children affect how they see themselves. I am in no way setting all of the blame squarely on parents’ shoulders, but good grief. I hope that Lena can finally find herself worthy of the greatness she deserves.
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

I do hope Lena eventually discovers herself. This is a book that teaches salient lessons. Nicely written review here
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

This review sounds interesting with self-discovery word. Thanks for a wonderful and intriguing review.
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html

Post by ellimctreph »

Toxic relationships are always a bit of a frustrating read but I loved your review.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Maybe this is the dilemma of every relationship: 'should I stay or should I go'. Quitting seems sometimes the easier way out. Good review!
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

I hope Lena was able to find her Mr right at the end of the day cause it's surely a good feelinbto love and be loved in return. I hope she experiences the happiness that comes with that. Great review
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

No matter how desperately you seek something. Never be in an environment where you are not appreciated.
Zwelihle_Myeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelihle-myeni.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Zwelihle_Myeni »

Desperation has motivated a lot of people to stay in undesired relationships, I'm happy that this book tackled that topic as sensitive as it is. Thanks for taking your time and share your views regarding this book with us.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

Going into a relationship when you have been loveless your whole life is never a good idea. Excellent review thank you.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html

Post by Madu Abigail »

From my experience, I can tell that this book is going to be very interesting. I would definitely get this book in my shelf. Thanks for this wonderful review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”