Review of The Party Line

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Review of The Party Line

Post by KafeliKe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Party Line" by Dennis D. Gagnon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dennis D. Gagnon's novel, The Party Line, is a fantastic autobiographical fiction and adventure novel. The author is a philosophy professor who was drawn to philosophy and science as a teenager. The majority of the events in this book are completely fictional. The author asked himself several questions about life at the beginning of the book, notably in the preface of this fantastic book. For example, he is undecided about whether to operate based on logic, religion, or emotions.

In the novel's introduction, we are introduced to a character named D. He was the best friend of the author. When it came to dealing with bullies, D. and the author had a stronger bond and were always ruthless. The author came up with the concept of the party line in high school, which led him to believe in the existence of gods in the world. He experimented with many aspects at some point. For instance, how to turn off sensations and thoughts.

This was a difficult book to put down. Combining fiction, nonfiction, and mystery to create this book was a fantastic concept. This component of the tale added to its enjoyment and intrigue. It was a simple book, and I understood everything in it. Reading this thought-provoking book was a wonderful experience. It also featured a fascinating fictitious plot, which I enjoyed reading.

This fictional book is entertaining and fast-paced. There are numerous twists and turns that add to the story's charm. Throughout the book, the author's knowledge of and passion for philosophy are well explored. The book's title is discussed in detail in the book. The author has a fantastic writing style. His ability to blend fiction with mystery shows in his writing. After reading the first few pages of the book, I felt it was going to be something special, so I was motivated to finish it.

The tale flowed smoothly, and the characters were well-developed. It's a fictitious novel with multiple themes. The author's relationship with D., for example, highlights the friendship theme. Science, mortality, spiritualism, and education are among the other issues explored. This thought-provoking novel's title also appealed to me. I initially mistook it for a discussion of political parties, but it is much more.

In the reader's guide section, the author supplies readers with leading questions. This is the first book I've read that has a motto. "Don't feed the beast," says the motto, which is both instructive and provocative. My favorite portion of the novel was the opening chapter. This section of the book had a compelling story. It was mostly centered on the two protagonists. That's D. on the left, and the author on the right. This section piqued my interest in reading more of this author's novels.

The section of the book that deals with D's death is the one that I liked the least. I was saddened by his demise. The novel was 251 pages long. There were nineteen brief portions in total. It was extremely well-edited, and as a result, I gave it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it to everyone who enjoys fantasy and adventure stories.

The Party Line
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I do enjoy adventure stories. However, I don't like books that leave me sad and the death of D. would probably do that. I appreciate your wonderful review!
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

I really enjoy stories with twists and turns! This book is a beautiful combination of mystery, thriller, fiction and non-fiction. Coupled with the author’s knowledge and simple writing style, I would say this is definitely calling my name! Thank you for your review.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

The book has so many philosophical writings and a lot of theories. Great review. I was intrigued by it
Poetic Justice
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

Seems like a great read. I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for the wonderful insight and summary of the book. Can't wait to read it.
Judy46
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

Its always nice to have friends that have your back. I look forward to reading this book. Great review.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I have read and reviewed this book as well! It's sad to say that I did not like this as much as you did. Some parts are very boring for me, especially when it came to explaining philosophical queries and scientific theories, it left my brain in a muddleheaded state.

Thank you for such a great review!
Wamala Elijah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamala-elijah.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Wamala Elijah »

I am intrigued to know that this novel had a motto. I am glad to know that it's both fiction and science novel detailed in philosophy. I will consider adding it to my shelf. Thanks for the review.
Zwelihle_Myeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelihle-myeni.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Zwelihle_Myeni »

True friendship is not something everyone is lucky to have. I love how well structured this book was. Thanks for your review.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

Something that got my attention is the possibility of turning off sensations and thoughts. I'm curious to read more about that theory. Nice review
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book is entertaining and fast-paced. Thanks for reading recommendation.
kampen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kampen.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by kampen »

Prisallen wrote: 31 May 2022, 08:04 I do enjoy adventure stories. However, I don't like books that leave me sad and the death of D. would probably do that. I appreciate your wonderful review!
I also don't read stories that leave emotional. Though, this book sounds like an intriguing one.
Faith Ejai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-ejai.html

Post by Faith Ejai »

I loved the way you wrote the review. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for providing this useful information.
Faith Ejai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-ejai.html

Post by Faith Ejai »

I loved the way you wrote the review. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for providing this useful information. I'm sure many will love this book.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

The bookcover looks interesting. I don't know if I'd enjoy reading this though. I like some parts but not others.
Still, thanks for an intriguing review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”