Review of Spid the Spider Goes to the Moon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Review of Spid the Spider Goes to the Moon

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Spid the Spider Goes to the Moon" by John Eaton.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Spid the spider has dreamt of going to the moon, but unfortunately, he cannot afford it. He really wants to get married to his girlfriend, Bid, but he can’t even afford that. Then one day, Spid receives an amazing opportunity. There were extra spaces left on the flight to the moon, and so Bid, Spid, and Herman booked their tickets. Apparently, there is a monster on the moon called Mr Cheezy Feet. What will happen when they arrive on the moon? Will they encounter this scary monster? You’ll have to read Spid the Spider Goes to the Moon by John Eaton to find out.

The book cover is what grabbed my attention. The bright, pastel colours of the pages really add to the space vibe in the book. The colours make the book more enjoyable to flip through. I also love the beautiful illustrations done by Melissa Shephard because it makes the book come alive. I know children will enjoy looking through the drawings. Eaton did a great job of telling the story. It’s a unique story that will have children laughing because the idea of a spider going to the moon is very funny.

All the characters in the book were likeable, and they each had a fun personality. Spid’s energetic, bubbly self and Bid’s calm demeanour make them a great pair. Since I love all the characters, I cannot pick one as my favourite. Not only is the story amazing, but it’s also educational. Children can learn valuable lessons that they can then incorporate into their lives. For example, the story teaches the importance of accepting your mistakes and not blaming others for them. In the book, we see that Mr Cheezy Feet made this mistake, and as a result, he had to face the consequences.

The only dislike I have about the book is that the cheese song at the end contains a lot of big words that children may find difficult to read and understand. Other than this, the rest of the book is perfect.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of all the points I mentioned above. I did not find any mistakes, so it was exceptionally edited. Due to the simplicity of the book, I recommend it to young children between the ages of 4-8. Children who love monsters and space will have a great time reading this book.

Spid the Spider Goes to the Moon
View: on Bookshelves
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

I love the way this book is interesting to read for children. I also like how the author teaches people to always accept their errors and not to blame others. Great review.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

That's great. I also love the idea of a spider going to the moon. The book sounds promising fun-fill reading experience even for me.
lesedi motaung
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lesedi motaung »

That's great. I also love the idea of a spider going to the moon. The book sounds promising fun-fill reading experience even for me.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

actually i was grabbed by the book cover myself, it looks cute and fun to read, it might be a book I am willing to read to my son. great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

Did they encounter the scary monster? The book sounds super interesting. Am recommending this book to kids that love adventures. Thanks for your review
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

Excellent Children's book, and very beneficial to young ones. I admire the effort the author put into the creation of this. I love the review BTW, it was magnificent.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

This book looks nice. Children would like the fact that the story is funny and teaches good morayas well. Great review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

I'll love to read a book with all its characters having likable traits, and Incorporating fun personalities too, will be nice. Nice review.
Dami Bassam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dami Bassam »

The history is about children, spider is going to the moon, the marriage also is nice with his girlfriend. Young children between 4th and 8th can learn the book.

Return to “Children's Books”