Review of The Answer Is Love: A Simple Conversation About Discovering Your True Self

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bradley Shelvie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-shelvie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of The Answer Is Love: A Simple Conversation About Discovering Your True Self

Post by Bradley Shelvie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Answer Is Love: A Simple Conversation About Discovering Your True Self" by Luis Rojas.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Is love the answer? Yes, it is." That is the main affirmation that The Answer Is Love: A Simple Conversation About Discovering Your True Self by Luis Rojas brings forth. There are many instances that if love was applied, the condition could have been better and in alignment with the positive vibrations given by the Universe. For example, what would you do if you were a prosecutor handling a case involving a teenager caught with 483 pounds of marijuana, which he admits he was selling to make a few bucks? Your conscience will tell you that drug trafficking is a root-deep problem, and you're probably intent on putting away such traffickers. Another part of your conscience tells you that you are destroying someone's life—forever. According to this book, love is the answer you need in such a situation (and many others).

The overall message of this book instantly appealed to me. I agree with the information the author gives, and I could relate deeply to his mindset. For example, he says that violence will only breed violence and not good. This is stark true; there's even a saying that states, "what goes round comes round." Take an instance like corporal punishment—the practice, the book says, gradually piles up resent, and the child, later, becomes worse than what the punishment had intended to make him. Instead, the book suggests that there are better ways to train children that include love. If you read the accounts given in the book, you will certainly agree with the author.

The author, in a good chunk of the book, uses his life experiences to cement his points. For example, he recalled the many instances in his childhood where he was abused by his parents and other people. If love had been available by then, he says, he could have led a better life than the one he led. It is, however, amazing that the experiences he had has led him to champion more for love. Because of his childhood experience, the author confronts violent methods of parenting, arguing that they are more detrimental than beneficial.

The book was enjoyable to read, and the flow was perfect. The author creates a fluid and succinct account of the theme the book is based on. The accounts the author tells were all relatable and agreeable. I also love that the book spreads positivity. There are no errors and the editing was exceptionally well done. I don't think there is any negative thing to note about it, so I'll give it a 4 out of 4.

I recommend this book to all who are passionate about spreading positivity. It is perfect for those who want to spread the love and positive vibrations from the Universe.

The Answer Is Love: A Simple Conversation About Discovering Your True Self
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Do the things you love and you'll love the things you do :techie-studyingbrown:
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

Always spread love. I appreciate well written reviews. This is because it gives me an idea of how to structure my reviews subsequently. Thanks teaching me what a good review is. And congratulations for having your review published.
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

I agree with the author that violence should not be treated with violence because it doesn't help instead it gave birth to another violence. I also love the way the author makes use of his life experience to express his point. Parent also needs to learn from this book. Children should be raised with love and not violence. Great review.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

I reckon with the author about the best way to correct children. But I'll like to explore his assertions on this topic quicklyy. Thanks for this review.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

What an interesting book i will like to recommend this book to parents both young and old. The book emphasises on the positive outcome of spreading love. Great review
destiny gbise
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by destiny gbise »

The book was enjoyable to read, and the flow was perfect. The author creates a fluid and succinct account of the theme the book is based on. The accounts the author tells were all relatable and agreeable. I also love that the book spreads positivity. There are no errors and the editing was exceptionally well done. I don't think there is any negative thing to note about it, so I'll give it a 4 out of 4.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”