Review of The Real Santa Story....and the Santa Secret

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of The Real Santa Story....and the Santa Secret

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Real Santa Story....and the Santa Secret" by Nick Trombetta.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Is the story of Santa Claus a lie your parents told you to make you behave? Is Christmas only about gifts? How does Santa Claus deliver gifts to homes without fireplaces? Why do children who should be on the “naughty list” still get gifts? What is the Christmas spirit? These are just a few topics Rose and her friends talk about on the school bus on their way home for Christmas vacation. Rose is still pondering these questions after having a pleasant Christmas with her family, where she got what she wanted for Christmas, attended church, and visited other family members. She is awakened by a strange visitor who takes her on a fantastic journey to learn the truth. Who is this visitor? Why was Rose given this opportunity to learn the truth about Santa Claus? Follow Rose on her journey in the children’s book, The Real Santa Story....and the Santa Secret by Nick Trombetta.

This novel has many positive aspects surrounding diversity and moral values. I cannot go into too much detail without giving away spoilers, but one of the main things children will learn in this book is diversity. Regardless of color, race, gender, or other characteristics, everyone is alike. Children will learn the many names of Santa Claus in different parts of the world and how they spend Christmas. They should never judge anyone by their ethnicity or, in some cases, by their behavior. If another child is misbehaving, maybe they need a friend, or there is another reason for their bad behavior. At the beginning of each chapter, illustrations are vivid and realistic of the topic being discussed.

There are no negative aspects because this is a well-written book with a smooth-flowing plot. There are only a handful of errors in this 116-page book that did not distract from my reading pleasure.

This enjoyable children’s book deserves 4 out of 4 stars. A book full of positive aspects with no negative aspects deserves nothing less.

I recommend this book to adults and children over the age of 10 who enjoy reading about the history of Santa Claus and the true meaning of Christmas. The book is too advanced for younger children to read, but they could learn from it if you read it to them. The book has religious content that shows the connection between Jesus, Santa Claus, and Christmas. If this type of content offends you, you may want to avoid this book.

The Real Santa Story....and the Santa Secret
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Sanjay6373
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sanjay6373 »

I'm read that kind of book osm written skill use buy author Great concept and great sound it's show the deep knowledge and great massage Conway
I'm red this book and I'm impressed grad to say it's imagie book with great massage
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

The suspense created in this review is fascinating, it triggers curiosity and compels you to seek answers to all the mystery questions by reading the book. thanks for the lovely review.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

I find this book very adventurous. I love the educated part of this book "lets not be quick to judge " Nice review
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

Excellent Children's book, and very beneficial to young ones. I admire the effort the author put into the creation of this. I love the review BTW, it was magnificent.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

I love reviews with the number of pages the books contain, it makes intending readers know if they'll like to read a book with the number of pages. Yes, being less quick to judge others is a good lesson. Great review.
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

It's interesting coming across this as I recently had a weird conversation about Santa with my 8 y/o. What I love about this book though is the aspect of diversity embedded in it. Thank you for the review.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

Adventures book are very good for children because it teaches them a lot of things they do not know before. The author must be praised

Return to “Children's Books”