Review of Nicess The Wanderer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Nicess The Wanderer

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nicess The Wanderer" by Virgil Allen Moore.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nicess The Wanderer: (Immutable Magic Book 1) by Virgil Allen Moore is a fiction book about a young lady named Nicess. Nicess had just discovered that she had magical healing abilities. The plan was for Nicess to be trained under Aldenshire to harness her powers. But her tragic experience leads her into a real adventure. She encounters new friends, foes, and even business partners come trainers along this path. She is bent on mastering her abilities. She intended to heal injured innocents and eliminate those that almost cut her happiness short. The questions remain, will she ever recover from the trauma of the past? Will the broken pieces ever be put together? Will she ever know happiness and find self-fulfillment? She might heal herself of bodily injuries with no scars left behind, and no pain felt due to the wounds. But what about the emotional pains of losing a dear one and being molested on her birthday? Nicess must need to overcome the cruelty of her world, but this could mean something else for her friends and those she cares about. Will they pull through the ugly and nasty situations alongside her friends? Or would they become collateral damage in the process of her reaching her goals? Maybe the reader would answer these questions in reading this book.

The author adopted the first-person point of view in his narration style. The effect was that the writer was made to appear as the main character (narrator), who gives a direct account of the narration. So the main character's experiences look like and are almost seen as the author’s experiences. This I admired and cherished quite a lot.

Also, the book has several short chapters. The author seemed to arrange them in sequential order and a run-on style. In other words, some chapters begin with scenes previously initiated in the preceding chapter but not completed. This beautiful transition could be found in the last scene of Chapter 2, where Nicess gets so drunk and is approached by five men. The following chapter witnesses the completion of that scene, where Kendall identifies himself as one of the men. Chapter 3 didn't start with a fresh scene. It continued that of the previous chapter. These make the plotline easy to follow, less tedious, and more suspenseful. As a result, my interest was captured, and I was led to read on.

I find quite a few things inappropriate at work. The book’s pages aren’t numbered. This posed a challenge in making references to the contents of the work. It’s tough, if not impossible, citing the page number of excerpts from the text for ease of location.

Strictly speaking, from my perspective, I don’t fancy that the book incorporates gay practices. Although I tried to understand the nature of the characters employed by the writer and the message he intends to pass across in his work. I don't consider this as a negative aspect of the book either. Hence, I can say that there's no negative aspect of the book which most readers would abhor.

The book merits the rating of 3 out of 4 stars from me. It wasn’t professionally edited. The errors were quite many. I honestly believe that the book is worth the rating, considering my earlier comments.

The book suits or is suitable for lovers and practitioners of magic and sorcery. Lovers of action stories and action-packed scenes would also love this book. Lovers of erotic content would also enjoy this book. However, the book is preferably for adult readers, as it has heavy sexual content. I also deem it fit to say that this book is out of bounds for persons who abhor gay practices.

Nicess The Wanderer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Sounds very contemporary. This should be interesting. Great review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I, also, like first person narrative. It makes me feel what the character feels. I like that the magic is not the focus of the book. The “heavy sexual content” is not a plus for me, however.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

The book is a good one but I don't like the use of sexual content. Thanks for the review.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

It can be really difficult picking yourself back up after being hit by so many unkind and unpleasant experiences in life. I admire Nicess's courage.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

I love it when books storyline are constructed perfectly, and contains every single element of thrill. A book like this will surely wow any reader. Thanks for a honest review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Initially, I thought this novel was targeted to teenager but its sexual contents are suitable for adults, so I might be interested in what seems like an engaging fantasy story. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

I love a good magic focused fantasy story.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”