Review of The Eye of Ra & The Children of Isis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of The Eye of Ra & The Children of Isis

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Eye of Ra & The Children of Isis" by Andrea Franks.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Eye of Ra & The Children of Isis is a thrilling fictional book by Andrea Franks. It is about the mysteries behind the Eye of Ra. This book is an interesting one filled with suspense, drama, and mysteries. The book highlights the mystery surrounding the Eye of Ra and how it came to be. It also talks about its connection with the children of Isis.

The author talks about an outstanding woman named Dr. Nadia, who owns a company called CypherGlyphics, where they decipher Egyptian ruins. She is a woman of high standing who translates ancient texts that glorifies false gods, which was perceived as an abomination in her society. Nevertheless, her work inspires a lot of women to seek higher learning and skills. The book starts with her receiving an interesting phone call from Atar Natar instructing her to come to Cairo for a special project. Unknowingly to her, this would be the beginning of an exciting adventure. What did she discover in Cairo, and what was this special project? Who is Atar? 

This book has a lot of positive aspects. I loved the storyline and how the story was told. The author's words were clear and straightforward. My vocabulary was furnished too in the course of my reading. It was really an interesting book that made me want to read more about hieroglyphics and Egyptian histories too. I love that although it is a fictional book, he still made references to certain Egyptian histories.

This book has some negative aspects. I found some errors in it. However, the errors were not so much to compel me to deduct a star from my rating. Also, I wanted to know more about Haknar as a character. I think the author did not shed enough light on him. This raised my curiosity. Although I liked what happened to Zackeroffski, I felt a lot could have been said about the future of Haknar. A lot of question marks were left for me to answer. The character's storyline was vague, in my opinion. Apart from these, the book is fantastic.

Although I found some errors in the book, I would say the book was well edited. Therefore, I would rate the book 4 out of 4 because the negative aspects I stated above did not affect my overall satisfaction with this book. 

I recommend this book to those who love fantasy-fiction novels. This book will also be suitable for people who love mysteries and adventures. In general, those who are fans of fiction would enjoy this book.

The Eye of Ra & The Children of Isis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

I don't know much about the Eye of Ra, so this would be an educational novel for me. Congrats on the amazing review!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I so want the best for Dr. Nadia. I hope that she gets it. I think I’d love to learn about ancient Egypt.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

I love books that are related to Egipt, thank you for the review, the book seems interesting. I will note it somewhere to read it in the future.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I like to read books with suspense, drama, and mystery. So, I look forward to reading this. Great review.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

This is a thought proving book. Thanks for the review.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I can't tell if this is fiction or nonfiction, but yes, Eygpt provides a great deal of mystery for someone looking to engage in in-depth study.
Mmaduabuchi Eze
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmaduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mmaduabuchi Eze »

I am beginning to enjoy mystery books. And the fact this very book contains lots of suspense makes it very appealing to me.
TheCrystalEye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TheCrystalEye »

Recommended by a friend. A fabulous read. It’s set in today, with a history that stretches back to Cleopatra. Packed with some really original & thought provoking ideas, with lashings of action & passion. It cracks along at a pace with some and keeps you guessing.
NYCBookClubber
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by NYCBookClubber »

I recently finished this book. It has an intriguing storyline that weaves Egyptian history into a modern day thriller with sexual and supernatural overtones. It’s a fun and edgy take on the ancient Egypt meets modern day storyline.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

A book filled with suspense, drama and mystery is just the right book for me. Thanks for a great review!
TheCrystalEye
Currently Reading:

Post by TheCrystalEye »

Thanks for all the positive comments. This book has involved a lot of research, factual events, imagination and hard work. Do read & recomend. The next question is — what will Nadia Becket land herself in next!
Steven Oliver
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Steven Oliver »

Anyone interested in ancient Egypt will be fascinated in this fictional modern day story of intrigue and greed featuring characters and international organizations some looking for truth and others looking for wealth and power. Excellent read.
Mjliebke
Currently Reading:

Post by Mjliebke »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and learning about Egyptology. I was fascinated with the way the author was able to weave the mystery of Egyptology with romance and suspense. I would highly recommend this book and look forward to the next adventure by Miss Franks.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

I love it when books storyline are constructed perfectly, and contains every single element of thrill. A book like this will surely wow any reader. Thanks for a honest review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”