Review of Always Before Me

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sakshi verma 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-verma-2.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of Always Before Me

Post by Sakshi verma 2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Before Me" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A common ground unites John Servant's characters in Always Before Me, which considers individuals in a variety of situations. Father Paul, Father Anthony, and Matt are the central characters throughout the whole book. Father Paul walks on the path laid out by God (Jesus) by disciplining himself daily and having faith in Jesus, Joseph, and Mary. Each character in the story faces prison time and is forced to confront their relationship with Christianity, as they are both falsely accused and have done some time behind bars. The author illustrates the harsh reality of everyday life as the characters undergo a variety of trials leading to salvation. All three men have been accused of sexual misconduct and they all propose different paths to healing through religious practices.

Catholicism and all the beliefs it entails are deeply embedded in the book. The Catholic Church plays an incredibly significant role in this story, as seen through the eyes of both the major and minor characters. It is through praying, setting, and practicing that Catholicism is fully expressed. The majority of the story in this book relies on an understanding of Catholic beliefs and practices. The author demonstrates his deep roots and comprehensive knowledge of this religion.

The wisdom contained in this book will help answer some of the most common questions in human life through biblical teachings. This story is a fitting example for those who think that a mistake can end their lives. It depicts scenes from the past and shows connections to the present. My favorite thing about this story is its realistic characters and a compelling storyline.

Despite the fact that the author has successfully woven a story within a story, due to systematic writing, one never gets confused by this approach. Mercy and salvation are the central themes of this book. Although the characters were facing similar accusations, I was pleasantly surprised by the authenticity each character displayed. A story like this has a tendency to repeat itself or become monotonous quickly. Yet, I was enlightened with various perspectives and religious morals while reading.

I would give this book a 4 out of 4 stars, as there was nothing I disliked about it and it has been professionally edited. Regardless of your individual religious beliefs, this is a lovely piece that can be enjoyed by all, as no faith is besmirched and would specifically appeal to readers who are interested in religious fiction.

Always Before Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

The book is full of many interesting attributes like faith, mercy, and salvation. Though the tone of the book is religious but anyone can go through it to learn many lessons in one's life. Nice review, thanks.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”