Review of Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Review of Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil

Post by Ekezie1998 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil" by Glenn Della-Monica.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Black Hat/White Hat by Glenn Della-Monica is a thrilling crime-fiction book that centers on exposing and punishing criminals. Alex and Lara’s fascination with becoming assassins becomes a reality after saving a mobster. He later hires the couple and offers them anti-scamming jobs, which is to bring down cybercriminals by using an unorthodox method. However, their intentions are not inherently malicious. FBI Special Agent Cody sets to unravel the mystery behind the actions of these two sociopaths. Unknown to Cody, the case may prove bigger than he first presumed. Will Cody eventually apprehend these two loved international assassins? Or will he accept their actions as truly exposing miscreants and benefitting the public? I urge you to follow up with this intriguing book to find out Cody’s choice.

This book focuses On Alex and Lara, who develop a sense of outrage toward nefarious men and the urge to punish these criminals. This plot makes it so book-worthy and addictive. This book has lots of positive aspects. The humorous tone made it enjoyable and entertaining. You will find it difficult to remove your attention from this book once you pick it up. The gruesome scenes are not presented as scary or sad but rather in a funny manner. This book teaches us that there is always a retributive justice against different types of criminals.

Furthermore, Black Hat/White Hat was a book that showcased the knowledge and expertise of the author in specific subject matters. The conversations on the differences between the categories of hackers kept me engaged. I would never have imagined how to detect a scammer, but this book exposed me to it, which I really valued. This book would also enlighten anybody who reads it against criminal behaviors.

The references to some quotes to prove the characters’ points were charming. The importance of family and loyalty were also emphasized, which was soothing. I have to commend the author for the challenging and smart discussion at the end, which had a lasting impression on me.

I did not find any negative aspects in this book. It was well written with exceptional editing. It was an enlightening, exciting, and funny book. I do not hesitate to rate this book four out of four stars. This is because of the compelling characters and their diversities. This book doesn’t only concentrate on crimes but also romance, betrayal, and family, adding to its charms. I also loved the unpredictability and unique plot twists.

Anyone who enjoys crime and detective books will want to read this book. There is nothing to hinder any teenager from liking this book or picking it up either.

Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tehreem_Khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tehreem-khan.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Tehreem_Khan »

Another crime-fiction added to my TBR.. :tiphat:
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

Wow! Full rating 4 out of 4 stars! Seems like an entertaining book, I should add this to my wish list
shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by shreyagupta »

The title of the book is very catchy and the plot sounds interesting. I cannot wait to read this novel. Thanks for a well put together review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Sounds like a great read. While their methods may be wrong, criminals deserve to be served justice. I wonder how it eventually turned out. Great review.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

This looks like an entire novel of cliffhangers. An interesting read to be sure
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

I have always loved reading about assassins because I love their dexterity and discreetness. Alex and Lara are two interesting characters and I think this book would be a good read for me. Thanks for your review.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.
beckybrandon
Currently Reading: Summer of the Second Coming
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by beckybrandon »

Wow this one was a candid review. I love reading crime thrillers. And this one seems quiet intriguing. Also the point of discussion about different hackers and scammers really caught my attention. Loved it.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

This looks like quite an intriguing plot or storyline. Would definitely love to have this book in my shelf. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an impressive example of crime fiction with terrific plot and characters, a must-read for fans of the genre. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

There's way too much happening in this thriller, and I can't keep up! Thanks to this review I am able to grasp the premise of the story. I like how the main characters are MARRIED sociopaths. Congratulations to the author for BOTD!
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

A story that focuses on "crimes, romance, betrayal and family" must be an interesting one! This book sounds like an intriguing and fun read! Thanks for the great review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nweze-raalchukwu1.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nweze Raalchukwu1 »

Crime fiction books are so good
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

A person always gets what’s coming.
Donald Kelvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-chinwe.html
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd

Post by Donald Kelvin »

It seems Cody is being conflicted by the Robin Hood character played by the couple. I would like to find out his decision later. However, I do not like the title; I feel its not catchy. Thanks for an amazing review.
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”