Review of The House Always Wins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of The House Always Wins

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The House Always Wins" by Brian Rouff.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The House Always Wins by Brian Rouff is a paranormal fiction book that tells the story of Anna Christiansen. Anna is a young journalist who gets the opportunity to interview a Jewish band player, Aaron Eisenberg. After a few hours together, Aaron convinces Anna to leave for Las Vegas, which she agrees to. Unknown to Anna, Vegas is not so rosy as she thinks. She experiences challenges, threats, and mysterious occurrences. Will Anna overcome these obstacles or regret her choice? What makes her follow Aaron to Las Vegas in the first place, and what makes this book paranormal? I implore you to read this book and find out.

The House Always Wins is thrilling and engaging. It’s also an easy and quick book to read. The book is divided into three parts. The first part explains how Anna and Aaron met; it also sheds light on Vegas’ entertainment and nightlife scenes. The second part took an entirely different turn. Anna faces unexpected hurdles and an odd encounter. The third part describes Anna’s response to the challenges. I enjoyed the suspense that captured my attention. The curiosity really kept me on my toes. This book is definitely a must-read.

This book has countless positive aspects. I was very invested in Brian Rouff’s in-depth description of Vegas, which was interesting. He portrayed the city in an easy-going and alluring manner. This gave me a better picture of the lifestyle and locality. The relationship that existed between Aaron and Anna was beautifully expressed. The murder, threats, and the ghost’s mystery made this book gripping. This book also shows the requirements of true friendship and what it entails.

The insights into the Jewish custom were enlightening. This book teaches some life lessons as well. I loved how the author was able to pass across a valuable message through a nursery rhyme. I also loved how Anna’s character was portrayed; her tenacity was impressive. The book encourages us to be protective of what rightfully belongs to us, to persist, and not be easily swayed. This book has it all.

It has a few negative aspects. There were really short chapters that should have been merged together into one. The chapters were bumped together without page breaks to separate them. The chapters should have begun on new pages, and I would not say I liked the abbreviation of some words. However, these reasons are not enough to warrant a deduction of a star in my rating. Consequently, I rate this book four out of four stars. It was an awesome book and was professionally edited.

I recommend this book to people who enjoy paranormal fiction books. This book is a motivational book that would inspire so many.

The House Always Wins
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by shreyagupta »

The books sound like an interesting read. Great Review!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t know much about Las Vegas except that it’s a big city and those scare me. I think that Anna was very brave to go even though I question her decision to go with Aaron, someone she just met.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

I recently started reading paranormal novels and find them to be entertaining and fun. I liked your review and will look at reading this book as soon as I can.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

I love the dark twist in this book. Turning Vegas, the land of fun, into a scary and dark place makes for a fun plot. Thanks for the lovely review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Interesting storyline. I wonder what lies ahead for Anna. Would be great find out. Thank you for the review.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

Such an inspiring read. Awesome review.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

Motivational books are not really my forte or strong point. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging paranormal thriller with an intriguing mix of elements, as there are the Las Vegas and Jewish culture. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”