Review of The Guardian's Trilogy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of The Guardian's Trilogy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Guardian's Trilogy" by Jaguar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Robert Dalton, a successful lawyer, is heartbroken by the loss of his wife. His grief causes a wide rift between him and his daughter Jessica. Without warning, Robert decides to move back to Colorado the same day his daughter’s boyfriend, Tony, proposes to her. The move is a double-edged sword; Jessica will discover shocking truths about two of the people she trusted most back in Texas, and a new journey of bliss and pain is beginning in the new state.

Authored by Jaguar, Dream: The Guardian's Trilogy is a captivating fantasy book that narrates a great conflict that began ages ago and now haunts the present generation, which had no part in it. The antagonism ought not to have been great, but one relentless character makes it so. The determination portrayed would have been admirable if it did not entail harm to the innocent. I anticipated a unique, major fight, but the characters made the tale absorbing, adding complexity to the apparent simplicity of the story.

Dream: The Guardian's Trilogy chronicles a struggle between fate and liberty. How far can one run from their destiny? Ian is a Skinwalker, and he can connect with Jessica in mysterious ways. Sacrificial love makes the story progress movingly. It is about the little, valuable gifts that remind people that they are treasured. I liked how two contradictory powers were at play in the story. The first one was an inherited supernatural capability possessed by a few while love, the second extraordinary power, could be demonstrated by many and could heal the soul and restore self-esteem.

The characters were distinct and exceptional. Jessica makes an observation that every reader would readily accept. It is an acceptance that a happy home is more than a big house filled with every necessity; it is about the people bonded by love and who are there for each other through every season in life. Apart from this, another phenomenon that I liked was the inability to explain the level of hatred some characters had. In as much as I tried, I could not find it.

I rate the book three out of four stars, for the narration was somewhat monotonous. Additionally, there were instances where sentences entailed mixed tenses. Although they did not detract from my overall enjoyment of the book, I felt it could have been more exciting and appealing to stick to a single tense where applicable. The book is most suitable for young adult readers of fantasy. The flourishing relationship between Jessica and Ian will appeal to fans of romance. The book comprises explicit scenes and a few cuss words, making it unsuitable for anyone below eighteen years and those who dislike them.

The Guardian's Trilogy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Sunspense, sorrow, love and unexpected developments....very nice review
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t know how I would deal with losing my husband. I would hope that I wouldn’t let it affect my son. I’m glad that Jessica and Robert can find out what they need to know.
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

I'd really love to know the truths Jessica discovered. Great review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Sad that a mother's death which should have united these two drove them apart. Seems like a great book. Thanks for the review.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

The paranormal has always fascinated me and I would like to know more about how being a skin walker helped Ian and Jessica connect. A great review. Kudos.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

Robert had lost his wife and his grief caused a separation between him and his daughter, Jessica. The book involves love and family. I would love to read the book so as to know if Robert was able to get back with his daughter. Thanks for your review.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

Robert's loss made him grief and drift from his daughter and this is quite sad. I'd love to know what's the shocking truth Jessica discovers about the two important people in her life
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The style doesn't make this novel seem very engaging but the storyline seems interesting with some philosophical themes addressed. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
janeadika
Currently Reading: The Fort
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by janeadika »

Sunspense, sorrow, love and unexpected developments....very nice review
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

This book is filled with suspense. It delves into the life of Robert Dalton after the loss of his wife. There are few things that are secret and unknown to the reader, and I would love to know them. The author did a good job in the characterization of this book. Thanks for your review.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.
Emily Newton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-newton.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Emily Newton »

Love how you highlighted the intriguing main themes. This book seems very unique. Good review!
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

Have always found science fiction to be quite intriguing and able to stir my imagination. This book certainly seems to possess such quality. Will love to try it out.
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

Robert Dalton's fate seem to be twisted. The loss of his wife caused a rift between him and his daughter, and I would love to know if he settle his issues. There's lessons to learn within this book. Thanks for your review.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”