Review of From Scapegoats to Lambs:

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of From Scapegoats to Lambs:

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Scapegoats to Lambs:" by Charles L. Brown Jr..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Not all books are socio-religious in nature and context. However, this is quite an exception. From Scapegoats to Lambs: How God's Word Speaks to George Floyd's Murder, written by Charles L. Brown Jr., is a product of intentional historical research to solve a societal problem. Though it began as a sermon, it eventually became a book that stands out in the global combat against racism and color marginalization. To Christians, it is a correct springboard and road map to viewing the various cases of police brutality due to racial discrepancies as a means to fulfilling God's plan in restoring peace.

By way of summary, the book explained the concept of "Scapegoating." The author drew an inference from the prevailing cases of police brutality and assault on Black Americans. It drew further points to support this claim from several historical events in the Bible. More insights were captured in the opinions of other notable figures of the Black American race. They expressed their concerns over some acts of dehumanization by members of the Law enforcement agencies.

George Floyd's lynching on May 25, 2020, is described as an instigation of racial hatred. His death was not just a mere defense as claimed by the Police Force. Still, his mode of execution by Derek Chauvin was such that it raised global concern to the state of a prevailing marginalization that had existed between the Black and White folks of America.

I was impressed that the author described the situation as "Scapegoating," and he dated it back to the biblical Pentateuch in Genesis and Leviticus up to the succession of Prophet Isaiah and the gospels of the New Testament. I love that he was able to relate this situation with the biblical events. They shared some differences and similarities in their respective accounts. In the long run, Jesus' victory over the world after his death and resurrection is a testament to God's disposition in granting us the victory through our humble submission. Nevertheless, we will keep raising social concerns and alarms against this marginalization without resorting to violence.

This book possesses distinct features that attract scholarly accolades to the diplomatic work of the author. I wish to state that this book was researched correctly. I also credit the editor of this book because I found a few errors. The most exciting feature of this book is in the author's tone in building a chain of intertwined biblical events and activities that translates into present-day America and its prevailing challenges.

I am delighted to say that I've found no impediment or negative features in this book. Consequently, I would gladly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for professional research work and proper editing.

I recommended to Christians who seek to find the purpose of God amid the current social challenges, especially on the issue of racism. It promises to answer their age-longed question.

From Scapegoats to Lambs:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Keoagile G
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Keoagile G »

Such a touching story I guess just the writer says it's God's plan to heal his people out of hating each other, I saw the video how he got executed in front of the public.
ekeoma rv
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ekeoma rv »

Amazing book with an awesome story. As a Christian, I think this is a good fit for me.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

The depth of the historical research got my attention. I hope it helps people to find God.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

I would love to read this book. It seems kike has a detailed discussion about racism.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Unfortunately racism to some extent still rears its undignified head to all individuals, but hope is still active...very illuminating review
Samuellitunya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuellitunya.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson

Post by Samuellitunya »

I find this interesting. I think mankind may ultimately find the solution to its societal problems if we broaden our understanding regarding the hierarchical structure in society and how equality can be achieved.
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Books that stand against the societal menace of racism are always great to read, and Gorge Floyd's story shook the world. I'd like to read this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”