Review of Alpha Max

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Alpha Max

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alpha Max" by Mark A. Rayner.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Alpha Max: An Existential Romp through an Absurd Multiverse was written by Mark A. Rayner. After Jeeves appeared in Professor Maximilian Tundra's room, everything changed about his life. That was when he woke up amid MTs, whose genome is similar to humans. Jeeves, a similar version of Max, needs Professor Tundra to save the universe from destruction. Max was skipping from reality to reality. He was instigated to get back to the Trimurti to save the other Tundras. The Trimurti, which the Tundras were in, traveled between universes. Each time the Trimurti skips, they lose a lot of Tundras. Max will have to stop the skipping and likewise the Xaxta plan. Max is the key to saving the multiverse and all reality. When it was time for Max to act, he seemed not to recall anything. He thought he was dreaming. Will Max be able to fulfill his purpose?

The most enjoyable aspect of this book was how the author presented the storyline—this plot is filled with captivating events. The author was immensely good at not only creating the story for the reader to read but also to visualize. Each part of this book was like a scene shown on a screen. Sincerely, I imagined watching this science fiction as a movie.

Another beautiful thing about this book was that every chapter had a specific story to tell, which made me find every part of the book worth reading. Each chapter lures me to anticipate the next. I also liked how Mark A. Rayner commenced the story with Max seeing his lookalike in his room. I was shocked to see Jeeves in Max's room. This is where the author made me develop an interest in the book.

At one point in this book, I wasn't sure of the roles of the Tundras. There were too many deviations or distractions that were contained in this book. I also found many unfamiliar words and sentences like Ist nein traum! and more. Most of the sentences were difficult to translate. I wish the author had made them clear. This was one aspect I considered negative in the book.

I found that Max and Vee's romantic lives lacked much information. The author would have written more on this aspect. I noticed a few errors in the book. The book seems to be professionally edited.

The storyline was very engaging and beautifully organized. I also enjoyed this descriptive writing. The chapters were sequentially outlined and numbered. I rate Alpha Max: An Existential Romp through an Absurd Multiverse by Mark A. Rayner 3 out of 4 stars. I reduced the rating because of the negative factors discussed. I would love to recommend this book to readers who enjoy science fiction stories.

Alpha Max
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

Interesting review. This appears to be a good science fiction. I must keep it in my want to read shelf for reading at a later time. Thanks.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

What a plot, Trimurti and tundras. I'm interested. Nice review
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Sounds like this is a book filled with so many captivating events. I'll check it out. Nice review.
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

Might not really be interested in this type of book based on the plot you depicted in the review. It kind of a cliche that I've read a lot of times.
Nice review though.
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

The synopsis is captivating, I'm interested in this novel. I'm not a fan of romance novel, so I think the negative point on Max and Vee's romance parts won't bother me. Thank you for providing the review!
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

I'm curious to know if Max actually fulfilled his purpose.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

From the review, the plot of the book is quite captivating. It involves the adventures of Professor Tundra as he tries to save Max's universe. This book would definitely be a good read for me. Thanks for your review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a unique novel that uses science fiction elements in a way that makes it engaging despite the flaws you pointed out. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rav_sid
Favorite Book: Inner engineering
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Rav_sid »

Mark A. Rayner is brilliant writer and exhilarating mixture of the cerebral and the entertaining. I read his book in last year in December name 'The Amadeus Net' its also sci-fiction genre .Maybe this books is also make a good impression. Thanks for a good review.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

Have always found science fiction to be quite intriguing and able to stir my imagination. This book certainly seems to possess such quality. Will love to try it out.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”