Official Review: Alien Legends by Gill Shutt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bananacat
Favorite Author: Too many to decide
Favorite Book: Any book on the market
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bananacat.html
Latest Review: "The Gift of Life" by Keily j. adey

Official Review: Alien Legends by Gill Shutt

Post by Bananacat »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alien Legends" by Gill Shutt.]
Book Cover for 9781481154604
Share This Review

This is novel is a fiction book in the alien and fantasy genre which is a series of short stories about different races. The stories are all taken from the history of the different races that the narrator meets during his travels around the universe.

I really enjoyed reading this novel even though it wasn’t a genre that I would normally have chosen to read. The fact that it is short stories means it is easier to read if you are pressed for time without totally losing the thread of the story line as I have found can happen with some novels.

The author has provided an interesting read that challenges the reader’s views of what we, as humans, term as life and also about the question of extra-terrestrial life in the universe. Even though this is a fictional novel it still challenges the reader’s perspectives of our own solar system and if it holds other life.

I had trouble finding anything I didn’t like in this book, which isn’t that, unusual with a book that I have enjoyed very much. Each individual story works well together but they still stand alone in my mind after I had finished reading them. If I had to find on bad thing to say, it would be that in the beginning I found the language difficult to read because it is written in the language of the particular race that the story is from. However once I was more than a few pages into the book, I had grasped the language and was finding no difficultly in reading.

I would give this novel 4 out of 4 stars easily. I loved every individual story in the book and would gladly recommend this book to anyone. The characters are easy to relate to and I found myself hanging on to every word hoping that the characters would make it through to the end. The writing was very clear cut and straight to the point, a refreshing read for most readers. I hope the author keeps up the good work.

Buy "Alien Legends" on Amazon
Buy "Alien Legends" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "The Gift of Life" by Keily j. adey

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”