The Vampire Diaries

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jabe0408
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Vampire Diaries

Post by Jabe0408 »

I just got done reading this series through the book titled The Return: Midnight. I absolutely love this series so far. Yes it is a little teenie bopper and I would recommend it for teens as well as young adult females. I think it would be a little bit to lovey dovey for males. I love how the author does the point of view through multiple characters and I think the suspense is pretty good for a teens book. I found myself not only wanting to read about the main characters but also the sub characters. And I definately enjoyed these books so far. I can wait to read the next three books in this series.
DivineIntervention
Favorite Book: The tenth circle
Currently Reading: Fifty shades of Grey

Post by DivineIntervention »

My friends hyped on about them books for ages so I bought like the first 2 books (the first 4 stories) I really didn't like them, I couldn't get into them, I think they were hyped up too much so I had great expectations :- ( I was really excited to read them aswell!
Jabe0408

Post by Jabe0408 »

After the first four stories it does get better...at that point in the series a ghost writer takes over the writing cause the publisher didnt like where the original author was taking the series. But since the publisher bought the rights they are still under the original authors name.
Hourglass
Favorite Author: Too many to choose
Favorite Book: I have many favorites
Currently Reading: Blood Song by Anthony Ryan

Post by Hourglass »

I read the first book and didn't care for it. I am a junkie for the tv series though.
jessnight

Post by jessnight »

DivineIntervention wrote:My friends hyped on about them books for ages so I bought like the first 2 books (the first 4 stories) I really didn't like them, I couldn't get into them, I think they were hyped up too much so I had great expectations :- ( I was really excited to read them aswell!
Same here, I didn't even finish the first book, I'm a huge fan of the show, perhaps I don't like them as they are different. I don't know. :(
ashersHay

Post by ashersHay »

i started to read these books and absolutely loved them, but then the tv show started - and it kind of went down hill for me.

i have books 9 and 10 left to read but the last 4 i have struggled through - only really because i am such a huge fan of the tv show i find it hard to watch and read at the same time because they are so different. i would recommend anyone who hasnt seen the tv show to read the books and then watch the show.
ashleydene
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleydene.html

Post by ashleydene »

I have read the first two books in this series, and I must say that I am more drawn to the storyline and character development from the television series more than the books.
JeannyLeRoux

Post by JeannyLeRoux »

I agree with you 'ashleydene' the television series is much more intriguing and addictive than the books; unlike with the 'Twilight' series, I enjoyed the books much more....
ashersHay

Post by ashersHay »

i agree ashley and jeanny - i prefer watching the show to the books.

but if you dont watch the show (like a friend of mine) the books are a good read.
mariedelune
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariedelune.html

Post by mariedelune »

I love the show! After reading this I'll have to read the books I'm thinkin'! lol
ranea89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ranea89.html

Post by ranea89 »

I absolutely love the Vampire Diaries!! Damon is soo my favorite. These books keep me interested and wanting more time and time again. Has anyone watched the tv series the vampire diaries? I was so disappointed after reading the books and seeing what they did with the tv series. In no way shape or form are the books and the tv series even close to the same other than most of the characters in the book are on the tv series though they did leave out some main characters. All I have to say is I prefer the book to the tv series.
ashersHay

Post by ashersHay »

ranea89 i was a little disappointed at first with the show, because they've tried to stick to the story but they havent at the same time. i love the show now, but i do find small things irritating, like sage for example... in the books he's a main part in damons life but in the show they changed the character to a female that was in about 2 episodes - that annoyed me a little.
cathjade
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathjade.html

Post by cathjade »

I have liked the show, the 4 first books were intersting but I couldn't read more.
Dani226
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani226.html
fav_author_id: 2595

Post by Dani226 »

I enjoy the show and am actually waiting until the show is over to read the books. I usually do it the other way around, but the show caught my attention first.
DRogers329

Post by DRogers329 »

I have to say I read the books long before the tv series came out.. I enjoyed the books more than I enjoy the show.. Dont get me wrong the show is good too but I got more out of the books. I dont know who my favorite is from Damon or Stephen.. there is stuff about each I am attracted too.. Can I take them both or add them together to make a perfect man?? lol

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”