Review of Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Review of Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature

Post by Avishi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature" by Chet Shupe.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chet Shupe's book, โ€œRediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature,โ€ discusses the differences between spirituality and materialistic living. The author expressed his belief that spirituality is the way for humans to live a perfect existence. Our society's modern culture has tainted and made people's life unpleasant. He concludes that the advancement of civilization over time has damaged humanity's happiness and moral living. He claims that when people did not speak a language, they had quiet and spiritual lives. When languages became a means of communication between people, they became a disadvantage for peaceful life. The central topic of this book is that spirituality leads to an ideal life. Other concepts he cited include selfishness, emotional freedom above laws, ways to live a spiritual life, etc.

The positive aspect of the book is the author's attention to writing the philosophical part, orderly and easy to understand. Accordingly, he divided his views into 20 chapters and drew his conclusions clearly and concisely. In between chapters, he used italics to highlight the main idea.ย Overall, the format of content aligned readably. The main purpose of his writing seemed to be for the wellness of people, which was cherished because he wanted them to lead righteous lives. Another positive part of this book was the use of quotes from famous people like Fred Rogers, Joseph Campbell, John Lennon, and others whose words were relevant to the content. Among that, โ€œWe are drowning in information while starving for wisdom,โ€ by E. O. Wilson, caught my attention. He also mentioned events and sentences from the Bible.

In my opinion, his theoretical thoughts were one of the things that contracted. He claims the advancement of civilization, language for communication, modern technology, modern culture, and laws lead to a miserable life and that only spiritual life can provide us with well-being. However, I believe that a successful life requires a balance between spiritual and civilized life. I think the idealistic life the author described as the result of spirituality is only hypothetical. Regrettably, I believe that living such a life is difficult in practice. It's simply my opinion, and other readers might have a unique perspective on his writings. And I found it difficult to grasp the more profound meaning of some of his passages. There was considerable phrase repetition throughout the book, which was disappointing.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It was meticulously edited, and I didn't encounter any errors or grammatical issues. Accordingly, I wouldn't give it four stars; the end of the book was idealistic, which some readers may find unrealistic, and there were some difficult sentences that I didn't quite understand. I didn't give it two stars because there is much to learn philosophically and spiritually from this book. It also discusses how the advancement of civilization has resulted in some disadvantages. As far as I can tell, his original views on the negative characteristics of industrialized civilization have not been denied. He has done some real work of discovery of human wisdom, which he has intentionally shown in this book.

This book is a must-read for anyone interested in venturing into the secrets of life's purpose. From a spiritual standpoint, it would be a fantastic book to read. It includes philosophical, scientific, spiritual, and civilized perspectives on life. But I generally recommend this book to everyone as it will inspire you to reconsider your life. Although it contains an idealistic vision, his remarks appear to be a buried treasure concealed deep beneath the industrialized Civilization. It is suitable for mature readers because it gives a profound insight into the meaning of life. I wouldn't recommend it for children under the age of eighteen because the spiritual meaning of the lines may be difficult for them to grasp, and it could lead to a complicated perspective of our current life.
ย 

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Brett Linette »

Some of my favorite quotes are from John Lennon. I might buy this book just to read those.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

Brett Linette wrote: โ†‘28 Nov 2021, 06:57 Some of my favorite quotes are from John Lennon. I might buy this book just to read those.
Ohh nice. Then give it a try ๐Ÿ‘. It will be a great read.
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Brett Linette »

Avi Shi wrote: โ†‘30 Nov 2021, 09:14
Brett Linette wrote: โ†‘28 Nov 2021, 06:57 Some of my favorite quotes are from John Lennon. I might buy this book just to read those.
Ohh nice. Then give it a try ๐Ÿ‘. It will be a great read.
Thanks, I just might.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

The only way humankind can lead spiritually mature lives is through the Holy Spirit, there is simply no other way. Great review thank you.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ohna Martin »

The only way humankind can lead spiritually mature lives is through the Holy Spirit, there is simply no other way. Great review thank you.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature,โ€ discusses the differences between spirituality and materialistic living.ย This sounds quite intriguing thanks for your review.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Your review is so insightful, and it was perfectly written. Thank you๐ŸŒผโค๏ธ, I personally agree that spiritually could lea to an ideal life.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I love books about spirituality but I do not think I agree with the author's views on the disadvantages brought about by language. I believe, humans being social beings need constant contact and communication with each other to live more fulfilled lives. Thanks for the review.

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€