Review of Midway of Darkness

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Review of Midway of Darkness

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Midway of Darkness" by Deserie LaCrosse.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love can be beautiful, amazing, and bright. It can also be painful, hurtful, and dark. Life is not a bed of roses; life can sometimes be sad and brutal. What matters is how hard we try to fight the darkness and what we would do for someone we love unconditionally. This book, Midway of Darkness, which is a sequel to Midway of Light, written by Deserie LaCrosse, sends this message across.

Midway of Darkness follows the love story of Edward and Jennifer, two advanced-in-years lovers. Edward and Jennifer were in love; they planned to get married and live happily. Edward shows that he can go to any extent to protect Jennifer and keep her safe. He also tries to learn domestic things around the house to help her with household chores. Her charm smote him. Jennifer also did very thoughtful things for him and supported him as much as she could. Unfortunately, problems arise, and the couple breaks up. Read the book to know if Edward and Jennifer's love will survive their issues and shortcomings.

This book has some positive aspects. To start with, the book is something everyone can relate to. LaCrosse did not paint Edward and Jennifer's world to be a perfect, unrealistic life. Edward and Jennifer could be anyone. Also, we see the kind of love the couple has for each other and what extent they are willing to go for the other person; for instance, when Jennifer is kidnapped, she says nothing to implicate Edward, choosing instead to bear the brunt of it all. Edward also goes to extreme measures to keep Jennifer away from his illegal life and business. Also, this book teaches that anyone can find love. Edward and Jennifer are not the typical people who fall in love. They are older people who can love and also make mistakes because they are human. Also, there were no errors in this book, which makes me know that the book was exceptionally well edited.

The book is not perfect and has a negative aspect. All the chapters started with waking up and the morning routine. That is repetitive and boring. That, to me, was the only flaw in the book, and it was a huge one. We could have done without it.

My rating for this book is 3 out of 4 stars. This book was fascinating and humane. It was a book one could relate to. Also, the fact that the characters were older people really endeared it to me. I didn't give the book a higher rating because of the flaw mentioned above that was impossible to ignore or gloss over.

I would recommend this book to adults because the sexual content and use of swear words are only suitable for older people. Also, people who would love to read something different, a romance story between adults, would have a fantastic time reading this book.

Midway of Darkness
View: on Bookshelves
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

The negative aspect you mentioned can be off-putting. However, your review is so compelling that I still want to get a closer look at Jennifer and Edward's relationship. Thanks for the informative review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

The book seems to promise a relaxing read. Also, the love story portrayed in this book seems intriguing. You have a persuading overview of the book
Signature of Grace.
Balebi Alexis
Favorite Book: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 135

Post by Balebi Alexis »

This book Midway Darkness written by lacrosse narrates the story about both belovers: Edward and jennifer who were in relationship because they intended to get married. Unfortunately, their relationship was broken due to misunderstand...
Phathiswa Gawula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phathiswa-gawula.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Phathiswa Gawula »

You made this book seem so interesting. A wonderful and compelling review.
kittykat6132
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kittykat6132.html
Latest Review: The Senator's Suitcase by Mitch Engel

Post by kittykat6132 »

The negative aspect seems like a huge part of this novel. I will skip this one.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

The flaw seems like it can be skipped and the rest of the story seems like it'll be pretty interesting. Thanks for the review.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

There would always be issues and problems in love and relationship. I would love to read the book so as to know how it ended. Thanks for your review.
David Iba
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by David Iba »

The midway of darkness, This story is so interesting. The relationship issue of misunderstanding happen almust to every one. Thank for your review
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Brett Linette »

The fact that you described the lead couple as being older makes me assume they're middle-aged? I don't want to say that young love is overrated, but every other type of love is definitely underrated. This is nice for a change!
Last edited by Brett Linette on 06 Dec 2021, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

Love always encounters trials and challenges. I would love to read the book so as to know if Edward and Jennifer's relationship ended well. Good review.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

The story seems interesting so I'll ignore the flaw and give it a try.
AKristin
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =193418">A moment to remember</a>
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by AKristin »

You successfully pique my interest with your review! Would love to read this one. I badly needed some romance in my life right now.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”