Review of Financial Dominance (Military & Veteran Edition)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Review of Financial Dominance (Military & Veteran Edition)

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Financial Dominance (Military & Veteran Edition)" by Frank Molinar, CFP.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Despite the negative feelings many of us have towards money, it is a tool that can work amazingly for us. And according to Frank Molinar, we can gain financial dominance over it. In Financial Dominance: Your Battle Plan for a Richer Life, Frank Molinar, CFP, shows readers five easy-to-understand steps to manage and grow their finances. The author teaches readers where to begin to have a prosperous financial life. Starting with living below your means, readers will learn what it means to Stop the Bleeding, Secure the Perimeter, and other battle plans relating to money management.

Molinar was straightforward and came with an energy that was crisp and ready for action! This book is for those who want to take action. But even if you are unsure of yourself, Molinar writes in a way that will transform your mindset about money. I liked that he wrote some sayings that hit home in bold letters. One quote that did it for me was, “Re-program your thinking away from avoiding poverty to creating wealth.” It felt like the author could read my mind. Whenever I thought out loud about why his ideas may not work for me, he replied to my doubt with facts and wit! And with the DIY charts he included, I could put the lessons into practice.

The author’s use of military terms is in line with the idea that financial planning and management is a battle that we must be prepared for with ammo (proper steps and principles). I enjoyed his use of military terms immensely. It allowed me to feel the importance and urgency of making a change in my finances. Even though I already had some knowledge and willingness to improve my finances and use of money, this book steeled my resolve and equipped me with even more useful information. The author also addressed some misconceptions about debt. Reading what the author thinks of mortgage is sure to shock some readers, but as you read on, you’ll see the wisdom in his words.

The first two chapters were filled with energy and graphic writing to pass on the point of cutting back costs and saving, including exactly how to go about them. But the third chapter, which focuses on investing, lost some momentum. The author simply explained what investing is and some key principles and mindsets to note before embarking on investing. Readers looking for more in-depth investing advice may be unsatisfied. But investing is a broad topic, and the markets cannot be predicted. The author even acknowledged that there is a lot to be learned on investing that this book alone cannot cover. I appreciated his transparency and honesty.

Anyone who wants to upgrade and manage their finances properly should pick up this book. As the author said, “no one goes into a battle wishing they had brought less ammo.” This book is one ammunition that you should not neglect. The author wrote this book with members of the US Military in mind. Those in service, including veterans, will find this book priceless. He also included some scenarios (stories) of real people to help drive his points home and make them more relatable. Anyone else living in the US will find this book helpful regardless of the gems that are meant specifically for those in service. People not living in the US, however, may get confused when reading about the US credit system and retirement funds. Since this book is superbly written, with nothing to dislike about it, my rating is 4 out of 4.

Financial Dominance (Military & Veteran Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lasty Kondijo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lasty-kondijo.html
Latest Review: Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten

Post by Lasty Kondijo »

Wow, have been very pool when it comes to financial management i believe this book will fit me and i will be able to learn a lot from it. Otherwise thanks for sharing
Harsh Soni 3
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: Money Habits Grandma Taught Me by Luke Pentagon

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

A book on finance which includes investing with the conversational tone seems perfect for me. Thanks for the review.
Chijindu Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chijindu-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chijindu Ifedigbo »

Great book about financial management, i believe this book will be nice for me and i'll learn alot from it. Thanks for this.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I think this book should go into my shelf. I will like to gain some self help tips here on money matters. This is a good review with a good flow!
Signature of Grace.
Hamid Abdullah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hamid Abdullah »

Nice book about economies,I think this book will help me no about how to manage my finance
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

This book seems like it'll be good for me, as I'm a business student I'm always trying to learn new things which will help me in my career. Thanks for the review.
John Karanja 1
Favorite Book: The Cadence of Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-karanja-1.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by John Karanja 1 »

Financial management is very essential to the employed and employers, and the book can offer additional knowledge regarding money.
Thanks for the good review.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

Thanks for your informative review. I should read this one. The title is well suited to the information contained in the book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”